View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    34 25.19%
  • june 20

    31 22.96%
  • july 1

    26 19.26%
  • july 12

    44 32.59%
  1. #22777
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,667
    Sorry PT is Physical Therapy

    my Physical Therapist and her son are Big time Lego enthusiastic. And here 13 is in an ongoing battle with a very rare form of Melanoma. Seems like we should have a lot to talk about.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  2. #22778
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,667
    Morning all
    If you help others then you are a Success

  3. #22779
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,667
    This afternoon we going to the State Fair.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  4. #22780
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Sorry PT is Physical Therapy

    my Physical Therapist and her son are Big time Lego enthusiastic. And here 13 is in an ongoing battle with a very rare form of Melanoma. Seems like we should have a lot to talk about.
    Hey Bret, I know I'm an addict on this but have you ever thought of getting a mountain bike for you then all of you for both the balance/mind/coordination you want to try and get back again as well as the physical? I don't know if there are any trails around you but it's a really neat way to spend time with the kids AND get the physical exercise we all lack. The mind is one part of our health but we are finding out more and more that our entire health is dependent so much more on our physical fitness.... just a thought...

    My daughter's coming back to the Island to ply UVic this weekend and she's paid out of her pocket to extend her flight back to Calgary......just so she can spend an extra day ....... and yes that'd be asking her dumb a$$ old man if he'd take her mountain biking.......
    Any stupid SOB phones on Monday looking to have their H/P fixed is SOL....Days just don't get ANY better than being able to spend with my daughters......the best....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  5. #22781
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,532
    Good morning, Bret and everyone!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  6. #22782
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Hey Bret, I know I'm an addict on this but have you ever thought of getting a mountain bike for you then all of you for both the balance/mind/coordination you want to try and get back again as well as the physical? I don't know if there are any trails around you but it's a really neat way to spend time with the kids AND get the physical exercise we all lack. The mind is one part of our health but we are finding out more and more that our entire health is dependent so much more on our physical fitness.... just a thought...

    My daughter's coming back to the Island to ply UVic this weekend and she's paid out of her pocket to extend her flight back to Calgary......just so she can spend an extra day ....... and yes that'd be asking her dumb a$$ old man if he'd take her mountain biking.......
    Any stupid SOB phones on Monday looking to have their H/P fixed is SOL....Days just don't get ANY better than being able to spend with my daughters......the best....
    Forwarded your Idea to PT and Doctors they both did Not like the idea way to high of a fall risk. They don't even like the idea of me jogging, and their not at all happy with me on a ladder.

    Right now they want me doing what I call senior citizen work out.

    I'm considered, "a high fall risk very easily over exerted increasing the risk of seizures".
    If you help others then you are a Success

  7. #22783
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,667
    State Fair was fun I'm shot today but it's was a riot doing the bumper cars and House of mirrors with Andy.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  8. #22784
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,667
    Morning all
    Have Karen class Reunion this weekend Oboy
    If you help others then you are a Success

  9. #22785
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Morning all
    Have Karen class Reunion this weekend Oboy
    I hear you on the 'fall hazard' ...that's why I wear body armour and a helmet....I thought you were pretty stable now....
    Hey, cool, Karen's reunion......so when you get bored, you can get drunk and make a pass at her old best friend.....that'd get you some cold, icy quiet times for a month eh!!!
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  10. #22786
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    42
    I have not been on this site since 2009 and I am happy to see this is still going. I hope everything is good.

  11. #22787
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,532
    Good morning, Bret and everyone!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  12. #22788
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    I hear you on the 'fall hazard' ...that's why I wear body armour and a helmet....I thought you were pretty stable now....
    Hey, cool, Karen's reunion......so when you get bored, you can get drunk and make a pass at her old best friend.....that'd get you some cold, icy quiet times for a month eh!!!

    Ever since Gary Busey hit his head and lost half his mind, I have worn a helmet when I bike. In fact, it is clear that Gary will never be the same man that he was before his accident. Scary.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  13. #22789
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Ever since Gary Busey hit his head and lost half his mind, I have worn a helmet when I bike. In fact, it is clear that Gary will never be the same man that he was before his accident. Scary.
    Going over the bars on a regular basis I have broken 3 helmets.....all of which would have split this noggin....
    When I go to Whistler I wear full body armour including a spine protector.....
    Some of the guys are now wearing a Leatt Brace too http://www.leattbraces.com/bicycle-neck-braces.html .......I am looking at them as one of my riding partners had a head tube break off his bike and was paralyzed for 2 days when he stuffed his face into the dirt and wrenched his neck right back. Still now 5 years later when he rides and looks up, he gets tingling in his finger tips just like he's being electrocuted (he's been an electrician for 40 years).
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

Page 1753 of 2294 FirstFirst ... 75312531653170317431746174717481749175017511752175317541755175617571758175917601763180318532253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event