View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    35 25.00%
  • june 20

    31 22.14%
  • july 1

    27 19.29%
  • july 12

    47 33.57%
  1. #22192
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    24,494
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Need to vent a little, here.....

    Just heard yesterday that a good, old friend from high school passed away suddenly. He had a heart attack. He was my age..... 36 years old!

    He leaves behind 2 girls and a wife and a lot of people standing around with their mouths hanging wide open asking WTF???????????

    My wife read about it on Facebook, and told me just as I was pulling into my last job yesterday, not knowing how close we had been, and I was just in shock. My hands were shaking.

    In still shaking my head in disbelief.
    When I was on the RR, I knew a guy who was 31 with an MI. Went out on permanent disability.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  2. #22193
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    69,111
    Post Likes
    My cardiologist tells me that younger folk have less chance of surviving heart attacks. As we get older, our bodies build by-pass capillary veins around the heart to soften to blow of blocked arteries. My last heart attack did much less damage then my first did because when you have survived a heart attack, your body builds even more of those by-pass caps.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #22194
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,670
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    My cardiologist tells me that younger folk have less chance of surviving heart attacks. As we get older, our bodies build by-pass capillary veins around the heart to soften to blow of blocked arteries. My last heart attack did much less damage then my first did because when you have survived a heart attack, your body builds even more of those by-pass caps.
    Amazing......we work in a trade of 'maintenance' but rarely do we 'maintain' our bodies or our minds.....
    20 minutes of 'elevated heart rate' activity a day and read/do something to expand your mind EVERY DAY......
    Personal responsibility is a lost phrase...........we're all waiting for a painless, effortless, cheap pill to do that...
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  4. #22195
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Yuma, AZ
    Posts
    2,361
    Post Likes
    I have played raquetball 6 to 8 hours a week for years, and used to play more. A year ago March, my heart stopped between raquetball games. I had no warning pain or prior indication that I had a problem. I was lucky to be with friends and even luckier that there was an AED available to restart my heart. Since the heart itself was undamaged, the doctor didn't call it a heart attack.

    The amazing thing to me was that one artery was 100% blocked, another 80% and another 70% so I ended up with a triple bypass. I am living proof that an active body finds a way to nourish the heart by creating new pathways and capillaries to make up for what is lost.

    BTW, Having shingles was far worse than having bypass surgury. I recommend a shingles vacination. While I was recovering from shingles the vacine became available.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

  5. #22196
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,010
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Good to hear that you are going to see a good doctor.

    Think of it this way. If he has that kind of waiting list, he's got to be a good doc...
    he is said to be rankes in the top 10% in the Nation for MG and other NMJ disordereds as well as SF-EMG

    tried to see hime befor but was told 6 months wiating list minimaul. Some time it best to wait
    If you help others then you are a Success

  6. #22197
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,010
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Need to vent a little, here.....

    Just heard yesterday that a good, old friend from high school passed away suddenly. He had a heart attack. He was my age..... 36 years old!

    He leaves behind 2 girls and a wife and a lot of people standing around with their mouths hanging wide open asking WTF???????????

    My wife read about it on Facebook, and told me just as I was pulling into my last job yesterday, not knowing how close we had been, and I was just in shock. My hands were shaking.

    In still shaking my head in disbelief.
    Sorry to hear about your friend.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  7. #22198
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,010
    Post Likes
    Andy Karen and I work out in the yard to day. Granted 3 years ago I would have thought nothing of it but it felt great, sweating my a$$ off dirty and pushed past the point of exhaustion. Hands and legs gave out more then once could hardly talk or swallow by the end, But I DID it. God it felt great to push. And to do it with Andy showing him good work ethics. Showinghim some time you have to reach deep inside yourself and find you have more strenght and some time you have to get doing that.

    Happy 4th all
    If you help others then you are a Success

  8. #22199
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    24,494
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Andy Karen and I work out in the yard to day. Granted 3 years ago I would have thought nothing of it but it felt great, sweating my a$$ off dirty and pushed past the point of exhaustion. Hands and legs gave out more then once could hardly talk or swallow by the end, But I DID it. God it felt great to push. And to do it with Andy showing him good work ethics. Showinghim some time you have to reach deep inside yourself and find you have more strenght and some time you have to get doing that.

    Happy 4th all

    Andy is lucky to have you.

    God bless.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  9. #22200
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    24,494
    Post Likes
    Good morning, Bret and everyone.

    Hope you are having a happy and safe 4th!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  10. #22201
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    69,111
    Post Likes
    We recently moved from an old farmhouse where there was a tractor-pull, monster truck motor sports complex just over the hill in our back yard. Four times a year they would have Saturday night fireworks, so on the Fourth of July we always had front row seats to great fireworks from right on our back porch.

    This is the first year in our new house for Fourth of July. Last night, there were at least three different firework displays going on with a mile of two from the front of our house. Sitting on the front porch, hearing the booms all around us and seeing the flashes of color and bright sky lightings behind the trees all around us made me think "This must be what it was like for Maryland residents living within the same distance from Fort McHenry while it was being bombarded.

    It was a neat, new perspective.

    Hope everyones day is well.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #22202
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Yuma, AZ
    Posts
    2,361
    Post Likes
    I just finished watching the 4th of July celebration in Washington. The fireworks were impressive. So where is the EPA?

    Happy Independence Day. I hope freedom survives for my grandchildren.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

  12. #22203
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    69,111
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lynn comstock View Post
    I just finished watching the 4th of July celebration in Washington. The fireworks were impressive. So where is the EPA?

    Happy Independence Day. I hope freedom survives for my grandchildren.
    I'll be happy to make it to next year without being taken over.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #22204
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    24,494
    Post Likes
    Good morning, Bret and everyone!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







Page 1708 of 2426 FirstFirst ... 70812081608165816981701170217031704170517061707170817091710171117121713171417151718175818082208 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365