View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    33 24.63%
  • june 20

    31 23.13%
  • july 1

    26 19.40%
  • july 12

    44 32.84%
  1. #22114
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    Moring all
    If you help others then you are a Success

  2. #22115
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Veterans Home Yaphank, NY
    Posts
    2,309

    Canada's Watts

    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

  3. #22116
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by icehouse View Post
    Check out this hockey/rioter moment; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5aaxWub89k
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #22117
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Sorry that the Youtube video is no longer available. It was a video of one of the rioters walking toward the police who had just shot a canister of whatever gas that is they were dispersing. The canister hit this guy right in the groin and then went off not 6" away from him when it bounced off of his groin. The poor guy doubled over is a shower of sparks and smoke.

    Since Youtube is owned by Google they probably want to keep a video like that for private viewing.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #22118
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Sorry that the Youtube video is no longer available. It was a video of one of the rioters walking toward the police who had just shot a canister of whatever gas that is they were dispersing. The canister hit this guy right in the groin and then went off not 6" away from him when it bounced off of his groin. The poor guy doubled over is a shower of sparks and smoke.

    Since Youtube is owned by Google they probably want to keep a video like that for private viewing.
    It was a 'flash/bang' and it may still be here....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccjYgumi-xI
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  6. #22119
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    It was a 'flash/bang' and it may still be here....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccjYgumi-xI
    That's it, thanks.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #22120
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    831
    Well. It's been a long time since I've been here. See much hasn't changed. Doug and Art are still having their intriguing political discussions, Brett's still kickin' ass, no sign of Frankie though. Maybe I need to read back some more. He's probably thinking the UFO's got me.

    Life's testing me is all I can think right now. I got here, got a job where now I'm doing good. Got to do a rooftop and a couple tankless boilers, as well as more furnaces and split residential systems than you can shake a stick at. Girlfriend is still having no luck finding a job. Stupid global economy is so fragile and the north end of TO is so filled with immigrants that its impossible for a person born in this country to get a job but someone who hasn't even arrived here yet has a job waiting for them. Somehow we're getting by on an apprentices wage. On the bright side I've gotten good with the torch and generally don't need the journey to fix up my F ups anymore. Heck sometimes they don't even tell me where anythings going to go. They let me plan and just say yay or nay. Never thought I would see the day where I leave the tool mule role to actually learning how this trade works.

    My closest uncle passed at the beginning of June. Had a massive heart attack. I learned that heart problems and diabetes run rampant through my dads side of the family. So I've started trying to eat right and soon kick the cancer sticks. They're just digging a hole in my pocket anyways. Though in his passing it brought a lot of family together that weren't talking beforehand. I wish that it didn't take a loss to do that but I guess thats life.

    Then on top of it all my "moving van" decided it had enough of the city today and the alternator went to ground. Luckily I got it back to where it wouldn't cost too much to tow but none the less put me out a good penny. I think i'll be grabbing the loser cruiser until I can afford wheels again.

    Never been this far up sh*** creek before but I just think that I must be on to something good with all this crap. Least that whats been getting me through.

    Well....till' next time gruppys.
    Get money, get paid.

  8. #22121
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    17,907
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    Well. It's been a long time since I've been here. See much hasn't changed. Doug and Art are still having their intriguing political discussions, Brett's still kickin' ass, no sign of Frankie though. Maybe I need to read back some more. He's probably thinking the UFO's got me.

    Life's testing me is all I can think right now. I got here, got a job where now I'm doing good. Got to do a rooftop and a couple tankless boilers, as well as more furnaces and split residential systems than you can shake a stick at. Girlfriend is still having no luck finding a job. Stupid global economy is so fragile and the north end of TO is so filled with immigrants that its impossible for a person born in this country to get a job but someone who hasn't even arrived here yet has a job waiting for them. Somehow we're getting by on an apprentices wage. On the bright side I've gotten good with the torch and generally don't need the journey to fix up my F ups anymore. Heck sometimes they don't even tell me where anythings going to go. They let me plan and just say yay or nay. Never thought I would see the day where I leave the tool mule role to actually learning how this trade works.

    My closest uncle passed at the beginning of June. Had a massive heart attack. I learned that heart problems and diabetes run rampant through my dads side of the family. So I've started trying to eat right and soon kick the cancer sticks. They're just digging a hole in my pocket anyways. Though in his passing it brought a lot of family together that weren't talking beforehand. I wish that it didn't take a loss to do that but I guess thats life.

    Then on top of it all my "moving van" decided it had enough of the city today and the alternator went to ground. Luckily I got it back to where it wouldn't cost too much to tow but none the less put me out a good penny. I think i'll be grabbing the loser cruiser until I can afford wheels again.

    Never been this far up sh*** creek before but I just think that I must be on to something good with all this crap. Least that whats been getting me through.

    Well....till' next time gruppys.
    Good move one the cancer sticks. My girlfriend in tranna smoked Rothman's, and did too while I was there. I smoked my last one in 1993.

    Good morning Bret and everyone!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  9. #22122
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    We just lost another family member to myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). This person is not a blood relation and did make it to be 80 years old, although her quality of life over the past decade has not been very good.

    As with so many who are passing on now days, complications in the lives of loved ones is left behind. This family members husband has been blind for several decades even though he is in otherwise good health. Now he needs someone to care for him.

    The funeral is tomorrow, so Father's Day will be a sad event this year. The funeral replaces a yearly planned cookout at one of the wife's cousin's house.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #22123
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    afternoon all
    If you help others then you are a Success

  11. #22124
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    Well. It's been a long time since I've been here. See much hasn't changed. Doug and Art are still having their intriguing political discussions, Brett's still kickin' ass, no sign of Frankie though. Maybe I need to read back some more. He's probably thinking the UFO's got me.

    Life's testing me is all I can think right now. I got here, got a job where now I'm doing good. Got to do a rooftop and a couple tankless boilers, as well as more furnaces and split residential systems than you can shake a stick at. Girlfriend is still having no luck finding a job. Stupid global economy is so fragile and the north end of TO is so filled with immigrants that its impossible for a person born in this country to get a job but someone who hasn't even arrived here yet has a job waiting for them. Somehow we're getting by on an apprentices wage. On the bright side I've gotten good with the torch and generally don't need the journey to fix up my F ups anymore. Heck sometimes they don't even tell me where anythings going to go. They let me plan and just say yay or nay. Never thought I would see the day where I leave the tool mule role to actually learning how this trade works.

    My closest uncle passed at the beginning of June. Had a massive heart attack. I learned that heart problems and diabetes run rampant through my dads side of the family. So I've started trying to eat right and soon kick the cancer sticks. They're just digging a hole in my pocket anyways. Though in his passing it brought a lot of family together that weren't talking beforehand. I wish that it didn't take a loss to do that but I guess thats life.

    Then on top of it all my "moving van" decided it had enough of the city today and the alternator went to ground. Luckily I got it back to where it wouldn't cost too much to tow but none the less put me out a good penny. I think i'll be grabbing the loser cruiser until I can afford wheels again.

    Never been this far up sh*** creek before but I just think that I must be on to something good with all this crap. Least that whats been getting me through.

    Well....till' next time gruppys.
    hang in there ray good to hear from you.

    glad you quit the smokes
    If you help others then you are a Success

  12. #22125
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    It was a 'flash/bang' and it may still be here....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccjYgumi-xI
    that hurts
    If you help others then you are a Success

  13. #22126
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Veterans Home Yaphank, NY
    Posts
    2,309
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    We just lost another family member to myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). This person is not a blood relation and did make it to be 80 years old, although her quality of life over the past decade has not been very good.

    As with so many who are passing on now days, complications in the lives of loved ones is left behind. This family members husband has been blind for several decades even though he is in otherwise good health. Now he needs someone to care for him.

    The funeral is tomorrow, so Father's Day will be a sad event this year. The funeral replaces a yearly planned cookout at one of the wife's cousin's house.
    My condolences.
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

Page 1702 of 2269 FirstFirst ... 70212021602165216921695169616971698169917001701170217031704170517061707170817091712175218022202 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event