View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    35 25.18%
  • june 20

    31 22.30%
  • july 1

    26 18.71%
  • july 12

    47 33.81%
  1. #21984
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    24,132
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    No.

    I think, therefore I think. This can be proven.


    I am therefore I am. This also can be proven.

    God still cannot.
    You don't exist because you think you are. In order for a proof, someone ELSE has to think you are. Now, I have never seen you, but I still have faith that you exist, Jp.

    I have never seen God, but I have the same level of proof, from a human standpoint, that HE exists.

    I have read your words here, and I have read His words, in the Bible. Both of you say you exist, and I believe that is true.

    Now, your existence is proven by other humans. So, God's existence could only be proven by other gods, but he is the only "God."

    Therefore, he must authenticate himself, via his works and his Word. As humans, we are incapable of providing a proof that satisfies other humans.

    And that's how he wants it.

    It's really quite simple. The requirement that he sets down is "faith."
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  2. #21985
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    24,132
    Post Likes
    Good morning, Bret and everyone!

    I'm taking a day off to study for the flight instructor renewal.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  3. #21986
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,009
    Post Likes
    Moring all
    If you help others then you are a Success

  4. #21987
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,009
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Hey, that reminds me, I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. No kidding. It's a great remake of a boring classic.

    Thats funny
    If you help others then you are a Success

  5. #21988
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,009
    Post Likes
    Robin How is your son doing?
    If you help others then you are a Success

  6. #21989
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Yuma, AZ
    Posts
    2,361
    Post Likes
    Good morning
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

  7. #21990
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    69,111
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    No.

    I think, therefore I think. This can be proven.


    I am therefore I am. This also can be proven.

    God still cannot.
    This is a direct assault on my Zen Descartesist beliefs and I am offended. At least, I think I am.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #21991
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    69,111
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    You don't exist because you think you are. In order for a proof, someone ELSE has to think you are. Now, I have never seen you, but I still have faith that you exist, Jp.

    I have never seen God, but I have the same level of proof, from a human standpoint, that HE exists.

    I have read your words here, and I have read His words, in the Bible. Both of you say you exist, and I believe that is true.

    Now, your existence is proven by other humans. So, God's existence could only be proven by other gods, but he is the only "God."

    Therefore, he must authenticate himself, via his works and his Word. As humans, we are incapable of providing a proof that satisfies other humans.

    And that's how he wants it.

    It's really quite simple. The requirement that he sets down is "faith."
    I like this TB. It will be shot down by those who will say that they can visit you and you can physically see them whereas God cannot, which you and I and billions of others know is false because God did allow Himself to be seen in physical form in Jesus Christ.

    Even so, I like this explanation. Thanks
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #21992
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    69,111
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Thats funny
    It really is a book and it really is well done. This guy Seth Graham-Smith is a writer for MTV and he took the original Jane Austin book Pride and Prejudice and added a plague that produced zombies to the story. It flows so well with the zombies added that you really can't tell what is only original.

    The author also wrote another great parody called Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Killer. This one is being made into a movie.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #21993
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    69,111
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Robin How is your son doing?
    He's in a bit of a funk dealing with reality and the adjustment of his meds. I spent a week with him last month and it was really a great week.

    His problem now is that he feels guilt, which he has never felt before, and he is able to suppress his anger towards those who mess with him. Since many of his "friends" are those he met before going to jail and those he met in jail, he is now seeing them for the users that they are.

    Since he is no longer thinking and feeling as they do, he is the one they are using. When he realizes that another person he thought was a friend has used him in some way, instead of beating them to a pulp, setting their vehicle on fire or driving a truck into their home as he used to be prone to doing, he is dismissing them and retreating into a funk that he is not used to handling.

    His mom keeps me informed of his well being when he feels too guilty to call me, so things seem to be progressing. Thank you very much for inquiring.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #21994
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    24,132
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    He's in a bit of a funk dealing with reality and the adjustment of his meds. I spent a week with him last month and it was really a great week.

    His problem now is that he feels guilt, which he has never felt before, and he is able to suppress his anger towards those who mess with him. Since many of his "friends" are those he met before going to jail and those he met in jail, he is now seeing them for the users that they are.

    Since he is no longer thinking and feeling as they do, he is the one they are using. When he realizes that another person he thought was a friend has used him in some way, instead of beating them to a pulp, setting their vehicle on fire or driving a truck into their home as he used to be prone to doing, he is dismissing them and retreating into a funk that he is not used to handling.

    His mom keeps me informed of his well being when he feels too guilty to call me, so things seem to be progressing. Thank you very much for inquiring.
    In a way, I find the idea that your son can feel guilt to be a step forward, because a true sociopath cannot feel guilt. It is good that he can now feel and make adjustments based on this self-feedback.

    Perhaps you can suggest to him that instead of feeling down when he has been used by someone, he can instead feel pity for them, because they are still acting as predators, and he is moving beyond that.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  12. #21995
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    69,111
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    In a way, I find the idea that your son can feel guilt to be a step forward, because a true sociopath cannot feel guilt. It is good that he can now feel and make adjustments based on this self-feedback.

    Perhaps you can suggest to him that instead of feeling down when he has been used by someone, he can instead feel pity for them, because they are still acting as predators, and he is moving beyond that.
    There is no doubt that being able to feel guilt is a positive, and my son even admits that. He has told me how much it hurts him emotionally to feel guilt, but that he would never again want to suppress it with alcohol and his own chemical imbalances that cause his extreme bi-polar issues.

    His mom seems to think he is also understanding those he thought were his friends who have turned on him because he used to think the way they do. Maybe I get him to watch A Clockwork Orange. It just hit me that Alex in that movie is an extreme of my son.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #21996
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,009
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    He's in a bit of a funk dealing with reality and the adjustment of his meds. I spent a week with him last month and it was really a great week.

    His problem now is that he feels guilt, which he has never felt before, and he is able to suppress his anger towards those who mess with him. Since many of his "friends" are those he met before going to jail and those he met in jail, he is now seeing them for the users that they are.

    Since he is no longer thinking and feeling as they do, he is the one they are using. When he realizes that another person he thought was a friend has used him in some way, instead of beating them to a pulp, setting their vehicle on fire or driving a truck into their home as he used to be prone to doing, he is dismissing them and retreating into a funk that he is not used to handling.

    His mom keeps me informed of his well being when he feels too guilty to call me, so things seem to be progressing. Thank you very much for inquiring.
    Wow tought road to walk. I hope he can make it. It's great that he made it this far.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Page 1692 of 2423 FirstFirst ... 69211921592164216821685168616871688168916901691169216931694169516961697169816991702174217922192 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365