View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    34 25.19%
  • june 20

    31 22.96%
  • july 1

    26 19.26%
  • july 12

    44 32.59%
  1. #21945
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Yuma, AZ
    Posts
    2,361
    Good morning all.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

  2. #21946
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,485
    Hey Bret,
    How are you, Andy and Karen making out in the relay...?

    decent weekend here so we'll be up the mountain for three rides (Monday's a holiday as it's Victoria Day)

    Hope all is will with everyone....lotta flooding both north and south of the border....but the world didn't end yesterday......God the world would be so boring without religious zealots.....but safe and peaceful.....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  3. #21947
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,559
    Let's see.

    Germany, 1939.

    Not a religious man in sight.

    Peaceful? No.

    The world did not end on Saturday because Satan was misleading a Man to be a false prophet. Every believer knew it was false, but the media sure had fun with it. Just so you know, Camping is not a "Christian leader."
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  4. #21948
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Let's see.

    Germany, 1939.

    Not a religious man in sight.

    Peaceful? No.

    The world did not end on Saturday because Satan was misleading a Man to be a false prophet. Every believer knew it was false, but the media sure had fun with it. Just so you know, Camping is not a "Christian leader."
    Nope.....he weren't religious....but his speeches always 'had God on his side blessing his travails'.......and it started in 32 bud..........not 39.

    Short version Art and you know it .....yer just petrified to admit it......religion is responsible for 90+% of all strife in the world........and it's a great way to control the masses.....
    I'm off up the mountain for my 'spiritual fulfillment'.........keep typing there Art.........maybe someone will agree with you......
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  5. #21949
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Hey Bret,
    How are you, Andy and Karen making out in the relay...?

    decent weekend here so we'll be up the mountain for three rides (Monday's a holiday as it's Victoria Day)

    Hope all is will with everyone....lotta flooding both north and south of the border....but the world didn't end yesterday......God the world would be so boring without religious zealots.....but safe and peaceful.....
    Relay was Great. I'll try and Post a few picture, Team Schaffner Raised $960.

    and we spent a a lot at the Relay al which goes to Fight Cancer.

    New Oral Meds I started seem to have help. We were there from 10:20 am till 1:30 pm then I came home slept for about 3 to 4 hours and we went back at 9:00 pm till 12:45 am.

    Andy did just 6 miles don't know what Karen did, I did about 1 1/2 miles I was slow but I did it, I fact I was Last in the surivors lap, a good friend who is a surivor (15 yrs out) walk with me so I did feel to slack.

    beat today but better then I thought I'd be,
    If you help others then you are a Success

  6. #21950
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Nope.....he weren't religious....but his speeches always 'had God on his side blessing his travails'.......and it started in 32 bud..........not 39.

    Short version Art and you know it .....yer just petrified to admit it......religion is responsible for 90+% of all strife in the world........and it's a great way to control the masses.....
    I'm off up the mountain for my 'spiritual fulfillment'.........keep typing there Art.........maybe someone will agree with you......
    "Killing for religion
    Something I don't understand"

    David Mustaine
    Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

    Doug is dead on. Religion is a powerful tool to control people in the wrong hands.

    In the right hands, it can be a powerful tool for peace, but all too often, the wrong people wind up wielding the power.

    In my opinion, those who seek power are rarely fit to wield it.

  7. #21951
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,559
    Well, Doug I sure hope you don't agree with me. You'd have a stroke from the sudden truth.

    I wasn't addressing when germay's problems began, just when they became the most dangerous. Mentioning God does not make you a religious person or a leader. Of course, my point was that a lack of actual faith leads to things like Germany under the Nazis.

    It proved that your assertion was wrong.

    Again.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  8. #21952
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,559
    Just so the rest of you guys understand, Doug and I butt heads regularly.

    I never post a fundamental fact about economics, politics, or faith without the idea that he will try to rebut me in some way.

    Most of us have a lot of respect for what Doug has accomplished. For that, I allow that he will be a little batty about some things. No big deal.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  9. #21953
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Nope.....he weren't religious....but his speeches always 'had God on his side blessing his travails'.......and it started in 32 bud..........not 39.

    Short version Art and you know it .....yer just petrified to admit it......religion is responsible for 90+% of all strife in the world........and it's a great way to control the masses.....
    I'm off up the mountain for my 'spiritual fulfillment'.........keep typing there Art.........maybe someone will agree with you......
    Actually, Camping is a man of religion, just not a man of God. And I agree that religions are a major cause of strife in the world. That is because religions are designed by man rather then man adhering only to the will of God.

    Many methods of manipulation have been used to control the masses. Socialist and Communist regimes certainly do not use any faith based religion to manipulate us, and they have done quite a good job in the past century or so.

    I would have to say that many of us on this particular thread are men and women of faith. I would also have to say that our faith and especially the faith of Bret has been quite a blessing for us. As we used to say for all the wrong reasons; "Keep the Faith, baby!"
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #21954
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Relay was Great. I'll try and Post a few picture, Team Schaffner Raised $960.

    and we spent a a lot at the Relay al which goes to Fight Cancer.

    New Oral Meds I started seem to have help. We were there from 10:20 am till 1:30 pm then I came home slept for about 3 to 4 hours and we went back at 9:00 pm till 12:45 am.

    Andy did just 6 miles don't know what Karen did, I did about 1 1/2 miles I was slow but I did it, I fact I was Last in the surivors lap, a good friend who is a surivor (15 yrs out) walk with me so I did feel to slack.

    beat today but better then I thought I'd be,
    A 15 year survivor must be a great inspiration.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #21955
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    "Killing for religion
    Something I don't understand"

    David Mustaine
    Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

    Doug is dead on. Religion is a powerful tool to control people in the wrong hands.

    In the right hands, it can be a powerful tool for peace, but all too often, the wrong people wind up wielding the power.

    In my opinion, those who seek power are rarely fit to wield it.
    As a man of faith, I have to agree. No person of any religion that truly teaches God's will and especially of Jesus Christ should ever consider themselves to have any power at all.

    When religion becomes powerful, it is strictly for man, not for God. Man can only be a conduit for the power of God. No power comes from man.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #21956
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,667
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    A 15 year survivor must be a great inspiration.
    He is.

    The day of me 2nd surgey for cancer (this was the one that would tell how bad and how far it had spread). He show up about an hour before we left for the Hospital, and said I have something for you to wear to the hospital.

    It as Suvior Realay for Life shrit. He told me I was to wear it when he and I walk the Suriors Lap at Relay for Life and I He wanted me to Wear it angain at my 5 year out Relay.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  13. #21957
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,667
    Picture of Karen Andy and I at Relay
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you help others then you are a Success

Page 1689 of 2295 FirstFirst ... 68911891589163916791682168316841685168616871688168916901691169216931694169516961699173917892189 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event