View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    34 25.19%
  • june 20

    31 22.96%
  • july 1

    26 19.26%
  • july 12

    44 32.59%
  1. #20840
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,930
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    Dug,
    Hope everything is going well for you out there in sin city!
    We all like to talk about integrity, hard work, honesty, pride and quality!
    Like some dumb Canuck told me! Talk is cheap!!!!!!
    You have devoted your life to our industry and improving the quality of our craft!
    Your hard work, integrity and perseverance has not gone unnoticed here!
    The economical climate here is unbearable! Currently here in KC the cheapest guy wins! It is very difficult to win a bid using quality as your sales pitch!
    We bicker on this site and joke around a bit, but we all have the most respect for you and Brenda!
    Good luck to you Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Frank
    Very well said, Frank.

  2. #20841
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    evil heart!!!!!!!!!!!
    reminds me of Johnny Favourite
    oh yeah!
    that is Angel Heart!!!!!!!!!!!










    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetaldad View Post
    what the hell is a curmudgon?

  3. #20842
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    thanks Jeremy!!!!!!

    usually Art is in charge of writing good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ofcourse art is well read and well spoken!

    I am a redneck pipefitter from Kansas!!!!!!!!!!

    and proud of it!

    got a t shirt that says

    if you want to kick my arse?
    you'll have to take on the entire trailer park!






    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Very well said, Frank.

  4. #20843
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Veterans Home Yaphank, NY
    Posts
    2,309
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    thanks Jeremy!!!!!!

    usually Art is in charge of writing good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ofcourse art is well read and well spoken!

    I am a redneck pipefitter from Kansas!!!!!!!!!!

    and proud of it!

    got a t shirt that says

    if you want to kick my arse?
    you'll have to take on the entire trailer park!
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

  5. #20844
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,532
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    if you want to kick my arse?
    you'll have to take on the entire trailer park!
    Ha!

    That must be like taking on a "block" in South Philly!!!!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  6. #20845
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,532
    Good morning, Bret and everyone!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  7. #20846
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Neuro tomorrow.

    Got a Killer Headache right now

    Stay warm guys
    Bret,
    I'll be saying a few good words for ya buddy......take care and if anyone has the intestinal fortitude to do this, you do. You're an amazing man Bret and a very huge inspiration......Andy is a lucky boy to have such a rock solid example.
    Thanx for the kind words from you as well as Fronk, Art and JP.....we're about done with free consulting and raping from the last four US companies....can't do this anymore.....time for a change......and stop beating our heads against a wall. The world is not a place for the way my parents raised me.....I can't stand the dishonesty and deceit anymore....and the irony is I braced myself for it from Asia not NA......and that was a huge mistake....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  8. #20847
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    Dug,
    somehow I think you will persevere with your work ethic!!!!!!!!!!!
    We are union pipefitters!
    Supposed to buy American and be the best in the business!
    We only have pride and quality to sell!
    Yet all the other Union shops are bidding Hanbell screw compressors to replace all the American made Carrier 6l, 5h and Trane E compressors, Hitachi screws which are quality and made in Japan rebuilt here in MO!
    Chinese made Hanbells most likely made with child labor are very cheap!
    Ofcourse no OSHA rules and regulations!
    My boss asked me yesterday if we should start selling the Hanbells????
    I told him I would rather die than sell Chinese compressors!!!!!!!!!!!
    We will just continue to lose all that work to the big huge union shops!
    Ironically the one pushing the krap chinese junk is a 500 million dollar union shop with an American Eagle as their logo!

    I do not know where we are going to end up? Us guys who take pride in our work??????????????????








    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Bret,
    I'll be saying a few good words for ya buddy......take care and if anyone has the intestinal fortitude to do this, you do. You're an amazing man Bret and a very huge inspiration......Andy is a lucky boy to have such a rock solid example.
    Thanx for the kind words from you as well as Fronk, Art and JP.....we're about done with free consulting and raping from the last four US companies....can't do this anymore.....time for a change......and stop beating our heads against a wall. The world is not a place for the way my parents raised me.....I can't stand the dishonesty and deceit anymore....and the irony is I braced myself for it from Asia not NA......and that was a huge mistake....

  9. #20848
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,930
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    IF ONE OF US WOULD JUST GET ON HERE EVERY DAY AND RESPOND TO THIS THREAD, WE CAN MAKE FCS HAPPY AND HIS SON.
    PRETTY EASY
    i would like for this to be the longest and most hit thread ever!
    ever!
    I accidentally clicked on this instead of the 'new posts' button.


    Amazingly prophetic, isn't it.



    Doug, I don't profess to know all of the ins and outs of what you are going through, but I want you to know that everyone I've shown your DRSAs to have shown interest, particularly in the AK-900

    Once I know a little better WHEN it is due for release, I plan on pushing the local supplier to maybe stock on and see if it sells. I'd be STUNNED if it doesn't.

  10. #20849
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Veterans Home Yaphank, NY
    Posts
    2,309
    Gentlemen may I say something.
    We are letting the foreigners ruin this country by importing their equipment, but why because Americans are lazy.
    Everyone has stopped taking pride in themselves ,therefore China, Korea, Mexico etc. are running away with our money.
    We cry after the crisis hits home.
    Newton,Iowa was home to "Maytag" until they sold out to Whirlpool who shut down in this country and went to Mexico. Why they were losing sales trying to be the quality they maintained over 100 years. Americans were buying the imports. Then when equipment breaks down the cries are heard. Why couldn't Americans stay with quality made products ?
    Whirlpool was no bargain switching to "Brazilian" made compressors, real garbage. People wanted cheaper prices till the imports broke down.
    Frank Hitachi though fairly well made could not contend with the "Old"Carlyle Compressor's, but again quality was placed second.
    Sorry guys guess my old age is catching up.
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

  11. #20850
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    Bob,
    You are correct!
    there never will be a compressor as tough as an old 6L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think that was before willis and Lyle were even drinking buddies?
    That being said? I may be wrong? but would like to think Japan atleast may be using labor over 9 years old and the Hitachi is a quality machine!
    Chinese krap just goes against everything I stand for and believe in!

    Dug's superior quality manifold is exactly what I am about and allegedly what my union and contractor is about also!

    I do put my money where my mouth is!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I spend or I should say I budget for $2,500 a year on small tools!
    I also budget another 2500 for continued education and training manuals!

    I have never stayed under the 2500 on either!

    How is shady Pines????????????????????????

  12. #20851
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,930
    2500 is a lofty goal.

    Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of coin to drop.

    I have come to appreciate good, reliable tools since purchasing the DRSA.

    My current goal is one large tool a year and maybe a couple of smaller ones. I've been spending just over $1000 a year on tools.

    I've still got a lot of stuff on the 'honey-do' list

  13. #20852
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Veterans Home Yaphank, NY
    Posts
    2,309
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    Bob,
    You are correct!
    there never will be a compressor as tough as an old 6L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think that was before willis and Lyle were even drinking buddies?
    That being said? I may be wrong? but would like to think Japan atleast may be using labor over 9 years old and the Hitachi is a quality machine!
    Chinese krap just goes against everything I stand for and believe in!

    Dug's superior quality manifold is exactly what I am about and allegedly what my union and contractor is about also!

    I do put my money where my mouth is!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I spend or I should say I budget for $2,500 a year on small tools!
    I also budget another 2500 for continued education and training manuals!

    I have never stayed under the 2500 on either!

    How is shady Pines????????????????????????
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

Page 1604 of 2294 FirstFirst ... 60411041504155415941597159815991600160116021603160416051606160716081609161016111614165417042104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event