View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    33 24.63%
  • june 20

    31 23.13%
  • july 1

    26 19.40%
  • july 12

    44 32.84%
  1. #19072
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Bret, Jeremy, and you other degenerate Muricans...(better be careful.....got no Canuck backup with Sunshine AWOL)....glad to hear JP and Bret gettin back to work.......work 'heals' a man, I'm sure.....

    Goin to Calgary next week...neat stuff AND I get to see my crazy daughter...redneck thru and thru......if it was up to her....we'd kill all lazy, 'users' of the system.....makes me proud..... hoorah!!
    I was in Calgary in 2003. We had flown some business guys up there for a couple of days. The other pilot was a lot younger than me, and he wanted to go to a casino, so I went along to watch over him. It wasn't much more than a single story building like you would find next to a shopping mall, not like going to Jersey or Vegas, for sure. He dropped a lot of cash. My money stayed in my pocket.

    Then, we went back to the hotel for dinner, had a GREAT steak, and went to bed. The next day, we took off for Toronto, and had a 260 knot tail wind due to the jet stream at FL 400, and at one point, our ground speed was a blistering 600 knots! That's my fastest speed, ever.

    I can still remember the view to the West, all of those snow capped mountains in the Rocky range. Wish I could have been there for the stampede!!!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  2. #19073
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,592
    Good morning, Bret and everyone.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  3. #19074
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    maroon lazyboy
    Posts
    1,048

    Thumbs up

    Mornin' Art! It's our first snow here in WI. Looks like about 2"!!

  4. #19075
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    maroon lazyboy
    Posts
    1,048
    Call me a wimp, but I'm glad it snowed on Sat. and not two days ago, when we dug in a geo loop.

  5. #19076
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,592
    Quote Originally Posted by evankoehn View Post
    Mornin' Art! It's our first snow here in WI. Looks like about 2"!!
    I will be happy if we get only 2" this winter. I use ladders and work on rooftops.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  6. #19077
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,472
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    I was in Calgary in 2003. We had flown some business guys up there for a couple of days. The other pilot was a lot younger than me, and he wanted to go to a casino, so I went along to watch over him. It wasn't much more than a single story building like you would find next to a shopping mall, not like going to Jersey or Vegas, for sure. He dropped a lot of cash. My money stayed in my pocket.

    Then, we went back to the hotel for dinner, had a GREAT steak, and went to bed. The next day, we took off for Toronto, and had a 260 knot tail wind due to the jet stream at FL 400, and at one point, our ground speed was a blistering 600 knots! That's my fastest speed, ever.

    I can still remember the view to the West, all of those snow capped mountains in the Rocky range. Wish I could have been there for the stampede!!!
    Art, straight up, you would love to live in Calgary...hardest working, most positive and God fearing people in Canada....
    I went there at 18 (the drinking age) and beer was .20/glass, I lived, loved and grew up at SAIT. My daughter now goes to UofC there and lives 2 blocks from where I did. They work like hell there, share and generally all have a good time.
    I dated a girl from Brooks when I was there.....the bible belt.....damn....I learned a lotta new things.....
    I also dated the daughter of the local penitentiary, that was intimidating....

    Stampede is CRAZY.....women stripping right off in the bars, horses riding through bars.......you NEVER work a rooftop after 10am...yer too drunk to climb a ladder....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  7. #19078
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,472
    Quote Originally Posted by evankoehn View Post
    Call me a wimp, but I'm glad it snowed on Sat. and not two days ago, when we dug in a geo loop.
    Evan, it's not the snow here......when we dig a 600 footer, we gotta dig a low point drain out as we typically can be in water up to our nuts in chest waders here on the 'Wet Coast' and you gotta make sure that you gotta GFI on the iron....
    Three guys in the header pit; fuser, iron man and rag keeper for cleaning.....and trying to read the 6 coloured tapes on the the pipe....
    It's OK till the frogs and snakes start swimming around you....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  8. #19079
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    Evans girlfriends are used to getting 2 inches!!!!!!!!!1





    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    I will be happy if we get only 2" this winter. I use ladders and work on rooftops.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  9. #19080
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,472
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    Evans girlfriends are used to getting 2 inches!!!!!!!!!1
    HARSH.......the only thing you do worse Fronk...is use his gauges and leave the hoses off....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  10. #19081
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    maroon lazyboy
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Evan, it's not the snow here......when we dig a 600 footer, we gotta dig a low point drain out as we typically can be in water up to our nuts in chest waders here on the 'Wet Coast' and you gotta make sure that you gotta GFI on the iron....
    Three guys in the header pit; fuser, iron man and rag keeper for cleaning.....and trying to read the 6 coloured tapes on the the pipe....
    It's OK till the frogs and snakes start swimming around you....
    Wow we don't have quite that much water around here. Wednesday's was a 600 foot racetrack in sand. No standing water, and a beautiful day. We always take rubber boots though.

    You would have good heat transfer with all your water!!!!! Do you ever chop 'em in after the ground is frozen???? One day we chopped through the frost for a header pit on horizontal bore job. That was the day the sun came out and melted the whole yard's worth of snow and guess where it ran???

    Ice cold water, 3 feet of frost, no way to dig a drain. Had to bring a 4" pump and dig for pipes.

    Memorable.

  11. #19082
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    maroon lazyboy
    Posts
    1,048
    And on that day it very well may have been two inches.

  12. #19083
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East of Lyndon's
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by evankoehn View Post
    And on that day it very well may have been two inches.
    Just remember, Evan: Don't eat snow where the Huskies go!!!!
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

  13. #19084
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Art, straight up, you would love to live in Calgary...hardest working, most positive and God fearing people in Canada....
    I went there at 18 (the drinking age) and beer was .20/glass, I lived, loved and grew up at SAIT. My daughter now goes to UofC there and lives 2 blocks from where I did. They work like hell there, share and generally all have a good time.
    I dated a girl from Brooks when I was there.....the bible belt.....damn....I learned a lotta new things.....
    I also dated the daughter of the local penitentiary, that was intimidating....

    Stampede is CRAZY.....women stripping right off in the bars, horses riding through bars.......you NEVER work a rooftop after 10am...yer too drunk to climb a ladder....
    Man, sounds like the Wild West indeed!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







Page 1468 of 2280 FirstFirst ... 4689681368141814581461146214631464146514661467146814691470147114721473147414751478151815681968 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event