View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    33 24.63%
  • june 20

    31 23.13%
  • july 1

    26 19.40%
  • july 12

    44 32.84%
  1. #17239
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    17,020
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    It does get old. I went there to have a good time. I passed her and was civil and said "Hi, How have you been?". She kept making passes by me with her friend guiding her as shes all drunk. Then she sent these nice text messages basically saying im an @$$. I think she left early.

    Just felt nice to stand up for myself I guess lol.
    On a personal note, none of my "great" relationships involved a barstool at any point. One or two nighters, and dramatic emotional rollercoasters always DID involve a barstool.

    By the way, congrats on finding satisfying work. It is a very important factor in a happy life for a man, along with a solid relationship and family. You spend MANY hours working, often more hours than any other activity, even sleeping, so a good job is a big part of having a happy life.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  2. #17240
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,439
    'And where more than one shall meet we will call it a meeting'......

    Start the day asking your 'maker/creator/God' to take you through the day and be a catalyst for love, hope, understanding and peace......then close down the day with 'an attitude of gratitude' for all the blessings of that day.
    Yes even the trials, as they ALL happen for a reason and we but know only 24 hours at a time. We are only actors in the play....we do not write, produce or direct it.
    We are always given all that we need although we may 'want' for more, as the secret to a happy life is to want what we are given.....not get what we want.....

    My favourite is if you EVER get depressed (anger turned inwards)......find someone in need....and help them out......presto......you are immediately and quietly transformed back into grateful happiness.....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  3. #17241
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,817
    sorry about your friend brettttttttttttttttttt

    dug
    i worked 12 yesterday saturday

    i am up mow and have to go to the shop "BAR" and find my makita die grinder
    i looked and looked yesterday but i think somebody needed it more than me
    it is only about a $350 grinder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    i always keep it in exactly the same place so i am pretty sure it is gone
    anyhow up for one more look before i go buy another one

    i have now purchased a huge piano style job box to lock up all my bigger tools that do not get secured in my tool box or truck tool boxes..

    be back soon

    frank
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  4. #17242
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    'And where more than one shall meet we will call it a meeting'......

    Start the day asking your 'maker/creator/God' to take you through the day and be a catalyst for love, hope, understanding and peace......then close down the day with 'an attitude of gratitude' for all the blessings of that day.
    Yes even the trials, as they ALL happen for a reason and we but know only 24 hours at a time. We are only actors in the play....we do not write, produce or direct it.
    We are always given all that we need although we may 'want' for more, as the secret to a happy life is to want what we are given.....not get what we want.....

    My favourite is if you EVER get depressed (anger turned inwards)......find someone in need....and help them out......presto......you are immediately and quietly transformed back into grateful happiness.....
    Very well said Doug.

  5. #17243
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    24,993
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    sorry about your friend brettttttttttttttttttt

    dug
    i worked 12 yesterday saturday

    i am up mow and have to go to the shop "BAR" and find my makita die grinder
    i looked and looked yesterday but i think somebody needed it more than me
    it is only about a $350 grinder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    i always keep it in exactly the same place so i am pretty sure it is gone
    anyhow up for one more look before i go buy another one

    i have now purchased a huge piano style job box to lock up all my bigger tools that do not get secured in my tool box or truck tool boxes..

    be back soon

    frank
    Tool thieves suck ass.

    Paint all your tools pink. Less likely to have guys steal them. Who wants to be caught using pink tools???

  6. #17244
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,817
    good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Tool thieves suck ass.

    Paint all your tools pink. Less likely to have guys steal them. Who wants to be caught using pink tools???
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  7. #17245
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Tool thieves suck ass.

    Paint all your tools pink. Less likely to have guys steal them. Who wants to be caught using pink tools???
    I would.....but I'm a metrasexual Canuck EH!......
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  8. #17246
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    17,020
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Tool thieves suck ass.

    Paint all your tools pink. Less likely to have guys steal them. Who wants to be caught using pink tools???
    I think I'd run out of paint pretty fast!!!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  9. #17247
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    24,993
    As far as tool thieves go, I have been VERY lucky.

    About the ONLY tool that I recall ever having truly stolen has been a Fluke 901 (I think) HVAC multimeter. It was a few months ago and I was working on an Icemaker in a C-store. Stepped away from the machine for a couple of minutes to take a call and it was GONE!

    Store even reviewed the video, but that was a blind corner, so it was hopeless. I'm pretty sure I saw the guy who did it.

    Losing tools is a different story. I'm REALLY bad about leaving screwdrivers and wrenches behind. If a guy finds them, I'd HOPE that he would be decent enough to call/ask around to see who owns the wrench, but.....

  10. #17248
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    17,020
    Good morning, Bret and everyone.

    Today is my 8th straight day of work....
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  11. #17249
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    windy city
    Posts
    4,401
    hey there everyone!
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

  12. #17250
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    windy city
    Posts
    4,401
    all work and no play makes art a busy man.
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

  13. #17251
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    windy city
    Posts
    4,401
    went on a call today. baby chiller took a bath in turd water..............eeeeeeeeeeeeo!
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

Page 1327 of 2236 FirstFirst ... 3278271227127713171320132113221323132413251326132713281329133013311332133313341337137714271827 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event