View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

33 24.63%
  • june 20

31 23.13%
  • july 1

26 19.40%
  • july 12

44 32.84%
    Had a good day today. Interesting. There will be a thread coming in refrigeration if any of you guys are interested...

Anyway, the day was good until I got home.

Raced off to soccer practice with the little one. All was still well. Practice over, one of the little boys (6 years old) sits down and says he is dizzy. Then he lays down and says he can't open his eyes. At first, the parents think he is goofing, but a few minutes pass and we figure out that he is serious.

Big pile of parents, call to 9-1-1 and the ambulance guys come get the little dude.

His mom was pretty tough. I'm not really sure WHAT happened. She said that he has severe allergies, and there is a possibility of that, but my suspicion (and that of a nurse that was helping care for him) is that he was just dehydrated.

I'll update as I hear more about him.

But wait, there's more.....

A while back I posted about one of my son's friend whose brother had leukemia. Well, I haven't said much. He has been doing very well. Made a recovery and was back in college working towards his degree. Fell sick a few days ago and went back to the hospital. We get home from the soccer order and I read on facebook that he was diagnosed with liver cancer. He is 23.

How much can one family take?

Sorry for dumping, but if anyone can take it, you guys can.

Well, scary instance for the boy.
    Bad news on gent with the liver, Jeremy.
    Go ahead and vent. We'll listen. Helps the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetaldad View Post
    No Bret. This is getting nuts. Working more now than before my incident. Found out today about a building shutdown and changeout of (2) 12'' and (4) 6'' gate valves = mebbe memorial weekend.
    So much for the Holiday.
    If you help others then you are a Success

And what happened in refrigeration?

Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    So much for the Holiday.
    I gotta replace my front deck/porch/ whatever it's called. Been putting it off for a coupla years because of work................. and i ain't paying someone to do it.
    And I can only do it on labor or memorial day weekends, gotta bang it out while the inspectors are off.

And what happened in refrigeration?
    I'll thumbnail sketch it out here. All the boring details I'll post over there.

Had to do an emergency compressor changeout today. Meat WI cooler down.

Really old, really hacked up piece of crap. Originally running R-12, now runs 401a. Compressor is only about 18 months old and the manager is screaming that it is brand new.

So I gets the pump and get it up and running then I start to investigate. The unit was a bit low on gas, but the strange thing is that, when I start looking at the compressor performance data, it is a medium temp R404a compressor. I did a double check of the model number, but they matched. I did a like-for-like replacement.

Well, with R-12 range pressures, this R404a compressor is not a happy camper. I don't expect it to live very long, either.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Had a good day today. Interesting. There will be a thread coming in refrigeration if any of you guys are interested...

Anyway, the day was good until I got home.

Raced off to soccer practice with the little one. All was still well. Practice over, one of the little boys (6 years old) sits down and says he is dizzy. Then he lays down and says he can't open his eyes. At first, the parents think he is goofing, but a few minutes pass and we figure out that he is serious.

Big pile of parents, call to 9-1-1 and the ambulance guys come get the little dude.

His mom was pretty tough. I'm not really sure WHAT happened. She said that he has severe allergies, and there is a possibility of that, but my suspicion (and that of a nurse that was helping care for him) is that he was just dehydrated.

I'll update as I hear more about him.

But wait, there's more.....

A while back I posted about one of my son's friend whose brother had leukemia. Well, I haven't said much. He has been doing very well. Made a recovery and was back in college working towards his degree. Fell sick a few days ago and went back to the hospital. We get home from the soccer order and I read on facebook that he was diagnosed with liver cancer. He is 23.

How much can one family take?

Sorry for dumping, but if anyone can take it, you guys can.
    That what we're here for JP

Gal to hear the little guy going to be OK

23 way to young for Cancer $hit. How long was he Cancer free before he reoccured? Please let him know I'm (Karen & Andy also) are thinking and praying for him.

Reoccurring the black cloud that hangs over cancer surrivor leaving ya to wonder if you going to get struck again and will you make it this time, then the thought of going throught treatment again.

My thoughts go out to him.

Sounds like a product is misapplied. I don't know the new gases. The p/t's much diffrent between 401 and 404?

JP didn't see it Can you post a link here.

Sounds like a product is misapplied. I don't know the new gases. The p/t's much diffrent between 401 and 404?
    401 = R-12 replacement
    404 = R-502 replacement

Yes. Product is misapplied. Problem is that the original condensing unit is labelled R-12.

Somewhere along the lines, someone decided to replace a semi-hermetic 3 phase pump with a hermetic single phase pump. Well, their cross reference went sideways and I'm stuck cleaning up the mess.

Will probably do a TXV change and refrigerant change to 404.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Congrats on the new gig, Bret.

Good luck.
    Thanks

I gotta replace my front deck/porch/ whatever it's called. Been putting it off for a coupla years because of work................. and i ain't paying someone to do it.
    And I can only do it on labor or memorial day weekends, gotta bang it out while the inspectors are off.
    sneek it in over the 3 day weekend I've done that for just that reason more then once.

Page 1233 of 2276 FirstFirst ... 23373311331183122312261227122812291230123112321233123412351236123712381239124012431283133317332233 ... LastLast