View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    34 25.19%
  • june 20

    31 22.96%
  • july 1

    26 19.26%
  • july 12

    44 32.59%
  1. #15536
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,486
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    So, when someone is murdered (because they had no licensed firearm to defend themselves) you just match the bullet, go to the house and arrest the perp, right?

    As for the licensing of trades, I see how well that has eliminated bad work on Mike Holmes show. Apparently, you guys still have just as much bad work, but a LOT of government. Hmm. I guess all that licensing isn't as effective as people intended it to be.

    I'm just sayin'....
    Take a look that at the murder statistics there TB....it's a mindset, not a wild west show that we need to pack guns to protect us against our murderous neighbours....as in pretty much every other civilized country that doesn't have the right to bear arms entrenched in their constipation.

    As for the level of training in trades.....your level of ignorance of issues outside of your own country is systemic with the country you live in so the rest of the world accepts that.....when you do what you did, you get what you got....

    PTL.......jusy sayin......!!!!!

    PS... Congratulations on your new Healthcare Bill.....nice to see you move up to the 19th century with helping your fallen and downtrodden...PTL
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  2. #15537
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Take a look that at the murder statistics there TB....it's a mindset, not a wild west show that we need to pack guns to protect us against our murderous neighbours....as in pretty much every other civilized country that doesn't have the right to bear arms entrenched in their constipation.

    As for the level of training in trades.....your level of ignorance of issues outside of your own country is systemic with the country you live in so the rest of the world accepts that.....when you do what you did, you get what you got....

    PTL.......jusy sayin......!!!!!

    PS... Congratulations on your new Healthcare Bill.....nice to see you move up to the 19th century with helping your fallen and downtrodden...PTL
    Doug, I know you are a lib, but could you please make sense?

    My assertions are these, to capsulize it for you:

    1) licensing firearms does nothing to reduce murders. If a gun is not handy, something else, like a knife, is usually within arm's reach. For example, there is genocide in Rwanda, and most of that was machetes. Further, licensing does nothing to help solve gun crimes. In the US, there are many living people who were able to stop an evildoer because they had a firearm, and used it legally.

    2) According to a Canadian program that we can see here, a) trade licensing has not eliminated bad work, as there is plenty of it, and b) Mr. Holmes had to start a foundation to get young people into the trades, because just like here, kids don't want to do any real "work."

    By the way, we have the fattest, richest "downtrodden" of any country on earth. Any poor person in any country is happy to come here, as they are flooding our cities. I think you guys have the same problem, too. I'll bet I would not recognize Toronto today.



    I like you Doug, but you have to start looking at the Big Picture.

    .
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  3. #15538
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    831
    Bret, Gruppys.

    On a lighter note I wrote my mid term today. 82%. Not bad for 104 questions. That would be a pass on the interprovincial. Thanks to everyone who sent out some words of encouragement.

    Next week hopefully i'll have the same luck on my CFC card.
    Get money, get paid.

  4. #15539
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,486
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Doug, I know you are a lib, but could you please make sense?

    My assertions are these, to capsulize it for you:

    1) licensing firearms does nothing to reduce murders. If a gun is not handy, something else, like a knife, is usually within arm's reach. For example, there is genocide in Rwanda, and most of that was machetes. Further, licensing does nothing to help solve gun crimes. In the US, there are many living people who were able to stop an evildoer because they had a firearm, and used it legally.

    2) According to a Canadian program that we can see here, a) trade licensing has not eliminated bad work, as there is plenty of it, and b) Mr. Holmes had to start a foundation to get young people into the trades, because just like here, kids don't want to do any real "work."

    By the way, we have the fattest, richest "downtrodden" of any country on earth. Any poor person in any country is happy to come here, as they are flooding our cities. I think you guys have the same problem, too. I'll bet I would not recognize Toronto today.



    I like you Doug, but you have to start looking at the Big Picture.

    .
    TB...you gonna peel about 20 years off of your life winding yourself up about things that you cannot directly do anything about.

    As for Rwanda....I think you better stay away from that one....we blew a bugle for months.....and you never answered....while 800,000 people were slaughtered in name of religion.....funny how that religion stuff always seems to be in same picture as a full or partial extermination of a society......but done in name of brotherly love of course..... IF and I mean IF you want to get non US opinion of this...the Canadian movie is 'Shake Hands With The Devil'....rent it, it'll astonish you....

    Directing me to have a look at the Big Picture would have carried some sort of credibility if you hadn't picked a TV show as your barometer for the Canadian Trade Certification Program.......put down the crack pipe there TB.

    Did you read Ray's last post?....he has to get over 70% to get his interprovincial (IP) status and he HAS to be either an indentured apprentice or a TQ'd journeyman to work in the trade. If you ask any American Manufacturer that trains in the USA and Canada, the Canadian Trade Certification System is the envy of many, many countries.

    As for the need to keep a gun to protect yourself from evildoers.....TB as long as guys like you defend the right/merit/morals/principles to uphold a contract of a CEO whose company lost $1/2B and he walks away from the job with his $100M bonus...then yes you're gonna need guns because the problem is systemic not isolated. Morals are not 'part time' but are 7 days a week and using the 'business is business' excuse for ignoring your own principles will only reap what you sowed.... Attraction by example rather than promotion buddy.... http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...inColumnArea.5


    On a closing note TB....Brenda and I never miss an episode of 'move that bus' and this is a beautiful example of what selfless human beings can do for less fortunate people. I'll tell you what TB....if you ever figure out why shows like Survivor are all so much more popular than shows like 'move that bus'......that will be my friend.....when YOU finally have the Big Picture...

    Now go out there and maybe just move a small car today...that IS in your direct control and it gets you out of the negative and into the positive
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  5. #15540
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,571
    Doug, Doug, Doug.

    I think you are inferring that I am "wound up" when nothing could be farther from the truth.

    I am one of the many Americans who were pressing for sending some force to Rwanda. Our congressional black caucus? Nada. Nancy Pelosi? Absent. (Then) Senator Obama? Not a word.

    So, I'm with you on that. But my point was that registering firearms only empowers the government, and interferes with Liberty. That's not my concept, and I can't take credit for it.

    I don't think it is a bad idea to use a guy like Holmes for a barometer of what is still happening in Canada, as well as here. We are not special in that regard. I agree that Ray is getting a great schooling. I encourage that. However, if the point of licensing is to prevent hackish work, then I think in all honesty you would have to agree that this is a miserable failure both north and south of the border between us.

    Let's talk about contracts. There are usually two sides to a contract. In the case of CEO's, the Board of Directors, who are usually those with a controlling interest in a corporation, ie, the "owners," decided that the compensation package would include bonuses if A, B, and C were done. These requirements for a bonus are not always the same thing as what we think of as making a prosperous company, but often, the requirements are merely that the officer did what he or she was supposed to be doing in furtherance of the companies interest. In the best of all possible worlds, the company makes money. But, not always. Sometimes, a company can be in the crapper and the bonus is still a legal requirement of the contract.

    That's up to the Board, and their contract.

    Now Doug, neither you nor I are principals in those contracts, and the ones who approve the contact ARE principals. So, it is the business of THOSE people, not you nor I, to determine whether the strictures of a contract have been met, and therefore, a bonus paid. The company CFO and HIS staff also have to agree that the contract stipulations have been met.

    Doug, I never miss extreme home makeover. And I never have ever watched an episode of survivor. I know why survivor is more popular, and that false drama fomented by the producers is why I will NEVER watch survivor.

    As for my direct control, you can join me when I work on a Habitat home, if you like.

    And, let me apoligize if Canadians can no longer find better care here in the states. Your PM got in just as the doors started to close.

    Sorry.



    .
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  6. #15541
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,571
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    Bret, Gruppys.

    On a lighter note I wrote my mid term today. 82%. Not bad for 104 questions. That would be a pass on the interprovincial. Thanks to everyone who sent out some words of encouragement.

    Next week hopefully i'll have the same luck on my CFC card.
    Ray, I knew you would do it. Congrats!!!!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  7. #15542
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Take a look that at the murder statistics there TB....it's a mindset, not a wild west show that we need to pack guns to protect us against our murderous neighbours....as in pretty much every other civilized country that doesn't have the right to bear arms entrenched in their constipation.
    I'll forgive that viewpoint, Doug.

    My Tina would be alive today if she had a gun in her store when she was murdered for the day's receipts.

    No other country has our freedoms, and soon, neither will we.


    .
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  8. #15543
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    I can not get involved in this conversation!
    I do not know enough about it!
    Art!!! I am really sorry about Tina!!

    my beautiful wife Helen has been running the bar for over 20 years!
    when she was 6 months pregnant with Taylor, some %^&^^%$$'s with a gun robbed her and put a gun to her pregnant belly! luckily she survived that!!

    she has always said since then she wanted a gun!!!

    not the time or place! but someone very close to me who i love very much was gang raped and beaten at work! in front of her father!
    If he would have had a gun it would have ended differently!!

    i do not have a gun!

    I really should get one!!

    frank


    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    I'll forgive that viewpoint, Doug.

    My Tina would be alive today if she had a gun in her store when she was murdered for the day's receipts.

    No other country has our freedoms, and soon, neither will we.


    .
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  9. #15544
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,668
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    Bret, Gruppys.

    On a lighter note I wrote my mid term today. 82%. Not bad for 104 questions. That would be a pass on the interprovincial. Thanks to everyone who sent out some words of encouragement.

    Next week hopefully i'll have the same luck on my CFC card.

    Congrats Ray thats Great.

    Good job.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  10. #15545
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,668
    Spent the day PMing RTUs Right next door is Hooters. Girls where out hangin out side some smoking and other talking.

    Nice view.


    sorry didn't to take pictures.

    should have
    If you help others then you are a Success

  11. #15546
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    brettt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    NO PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  12. #15547
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    Ray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    good job!!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  13. #15548
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,668
    Hey Frank how is it going.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Page 1196 of 2295 FirstFirst ... 19669610961146118611891190119111921193119411951196119711981199120012011202120312061246129616962196 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event