View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    33 24.63%
  • june 20

    31 23.13%
  • july 1

    26 19.40%
  • july 12

    44 32.84%
  1. #14197
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,613
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Big music fan, are ya?

    That's it yup that's what it is I'm a big music fan
    If you help others then you are a Success

  2. #14198
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,613
    SO Jason did you get pictures of the Fireworks on New Years Eve??
    If you help others then you are a Success

  3. #14199
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    I told Andy I would pay him for working with me on the duct work today. After about 2 hr he started fussing about itching and wanting to quit so we took a break for lunch and he showered. We went back down and when we started hauling the old flex you he began having a fit about itching again and Karen called me on the cell ask if we were done and where was I Andy came in fussing and jump in the shower (he never ask me ). I was NOT HAPPY. We had more to do at the other side house and tools to get move and put up.
    So I keep working for a about 10 minutes and went in. I gave him a firming talk about just walking off a job and leaving your parent out there. I told him he was done for the day. Well he started crying said he was sorry and wanted to get back to work. And he did we talked about the issue while working. I told him if he leaned something and in his heart was truly sorry and gave a heartfelt apology then it was a good learning experience.
    When we were all done tools put up and we got shower. He Told me he felt that he should NOT be pay out because he “left me out there hanging” I told him I was proud of him for understanding that. I paid him out ½ of what we agreed to of which he said he wasn’t so sure he should accept it. I told him he had learned something very important today and show great character in the end.
    I was so proud of him for refusing his pay and truly in the end show he understood what he had done wrong and owned up to it.
    It’s so great to be alive and still be able to be here for him. Life is funny something I would have never give much thought to 1 ½ ago I treasure now.
    Thats great Bret. Andy certainly has had a great role model to teach him about character, integrity, and life in general

  4. #14200
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    I told Andy I would pay him for working with me on the duct work today. After about 2 hr he started fussing about itching and wanting to quit so we took a break for lunch and he showered. We went back down and when we started hauling the old flex you he began having a fit about itching again and Karen called me on the cell ask if we were done and where was I Andy came in fussing and jump in the shower (he never ask me ). I was NOT HAPPY. We had more to do at the other side house and tools to get move and put up.
    So I keep working for a about 10 minutes and went in. I gave him a firming talk about just walking off a job and leaving your parent out there. I told him he was done for the day. Well he started crying said he was sorry and wanted to get back to work. And he did we talked about the issue while working. I told him if he leaned something and in his heart was truly sorry and gave a heartfelt apology then it was a good learning experience.
    When we were all done tools put up and we got shower. He Told me he felt that he should NOT be pay out because he “left me out there hanging” I told him I was proud of him for understanding that. I paid him out ½ of what we agreed to of which he said he wasn’t so sure he should accept it. I told him he had learned something very important today and show great character in the end.
    I was so proud of him for refusing his pay and truly in the end show he understood what he had done wrong and owned up to it.
    It’s so great to be alive and still be able to be here for him. Life is funny something I would have never give much thought to 1 ½ ago I treasure now.
    Tell Andy I said that character isn't instant, like powdered soup. Character is learned, and he did well with today's lesson. He can feel very good about that. He is lucky to have a good teacher.
    Last edited by timebuilder; 01-09-2010 at 08:26 PM.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  5. #14201
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,613
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman#1 View Post
    Thats great Bret. Andy certainly has had a great role model to teach him about character, integrity, and life in general
    Thanks
    If you help others then you are a Success

  6. #14202
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,613
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Tell I said that character isn't instant, like powdered soup. Character is learned, and he did well with today's lesson. He can feel very good about that. He is lucky to have a good teacher.
    Thanks

    I was very proud of the way he handel it.

    Mistake happen it's what you do with the mistake that counts.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  7. #14203
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,613
    JP Can you see the car in the Picture

    If you help others then you are a Success

  8. #14204
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,467
    Bret and Andy,
    You both handled that REALLY well.....
    That kid has got more integrity than most adults these days but hell..... no wonder look at who his Dad is....
    He'll never forget this day Bret......in more than one way.
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  9. #14205
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,613
    Thanks Doug.


    You Home?
    If you help others then you are a Success

  10. #14206
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Thanks Doug.


    You Home?
    yup...
    give me a shout....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  11. #14207
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,613
    Give you a call Sunday you going to be around?
    If you help others then you are a Success

  12. #14208
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Give you a call Sunday you going to be around?
    I should be home after about 6pm your time....out for my sanity (bike ride) check from 9am to 2pm PDT and then clean up..
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  13. #14209
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,687
    I think work ethic comes from childhood. I can usually tell when someone didn't start working until they had to- even chores at home. Good thing youre starting him early.

Page 1093 of 2274 FirstFirst ... 935939931043108310861087108810891090109110921093109410951096109710981099110011031143119315932093 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event