View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

38 25.00%
  • june 20

33 21.71%
  • july 1

30 19.74%
  • july 12

51 33.55%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OUR DEAR FRIEND HAS CANCER FCS

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    Morning all.......... Hey Bret...... ready for some more snow?

As I was heading in to work the boss asked if i got my oil changed this weekend. I said no cause he said not to do it during on call weekends. (first he said yes then told someone else no) Then he said he told me to take it in and wait on it which is what I was willing to do. So of course I got confused and obviously picked the wrong one. He told me to take it home and he would get someone else to take it in for the oil change today! So here I sit wondering if I am working today... a half day... or if i am fired! *sigh*
    hope it all works out for you Warren.

Good luck
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    Hope everyone had a good day.

Everything OK Warren???

Post Likes
    Brett, Gruppys

This weekend I managed to beat all the problems in the electrical simulator in Refrigeration Basics Three. Three MT walk-ins, Three LT walk-ins, and 3 Rooftops with electric heat.

One of them I had to laugh at. The problem was the RTU was not providing heat. I measured everything and since they had the control voltage off in another section I went there last and found no voltage to the thermostat. I selected the answer and almost as if it knew it says "In case you spent a lot of time tracing everything let this be a lesson: always check for unit and control voltage first before anything."

You live...you learn I guess. I'm just thankful there's no pop-up where a P/O'd customer comes up and asks you how much longer.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    Brett, Gruppys

This weekend I managed to beat all the problems in the electrical simulator in Refrigeration Basics Three. Three MT walk-ins, Three LT walk-ins, and 3 Rooftops with electric heat.

One of them I had to laugh at. The problem was the RTU was not providing heat. I measured everything and since they had the control voltage off in another section I went there last and found no voltage to the thermostat. I selected the answer and almost as if it knew it says "In case you spent a lot of time tracing everything let this be a lesson: always check for unit and control voltage first before anything."

You live...you learn I guess. I'm just thankful there's no pop-up where a P/O'd customer comes up and asks you how much longer.
    That's a good training CD

Post Likes
    evening folks!

Post Likes
    Hello everyone, hope you all had a good day. I didn't, I hate friggn' winter, I think I want to move south where the temperatures never get cold enough for snow to form.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetaldad View Post
    evening folks!
    Hey Bob

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    Hello everyone, hope you all had a good day. I didn't, I hate friggn' winter, I think I want to move south where the temperatures never get cold enough for snow to form.
    Trun Cold on you Jason?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Trun Cold on you Jason?
    Oh, you wouldn't belive. It was 19º all day long, I couldn't feel my hands for half the day. I started a thread over in the pro's on my little mind teaser today.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    Brett, Gruppys

Congrats on the win. Any problem successfully solved is a boost to your confidence.

As far as irate customers, I wonder if that shouldn't be a part of training. Learning how to deal with cold or hot customers, customers with a pile of money on the line in the refer business, is an important part of what we do.

Sadly, telling them to STFD and STFU isn't good in most cases. Tends to create more problems than it solves.

Post Likes
    Hey Jason not back work (well at the new job) YET they the new job) call today the goofballs at the Screening company doing the Pre-employment paper work aren't done yet.

Never had pre-employment take this long. I have a Boyscout record for work and with the law. Only had 3 speeding tickets in my life two of which were over 25 years ago.

I starting to get a weird feeling about this whole thing.

Anyway the Lennox is a favor (thank you ) for a friend who did a ton for us during the whole cancer deal. It's funny they're worried about it being a inconvenience.

Post Likes
    Hey Jason not back work (well at the new job) YET they the new job) call today the goofballs at the Screening company doing the Pre-employment paper work aren't done yet.

Never had pre-employment take this long. I have a Boyscout record for work and with the law. Only had 3 speeding tickets in my life two of which were over 25 years ago.

I starting to get a weird feeling about this whole thing.

Anyway the Lennox is a favor (thank you ) for a friend who did a ton for us during the whole cancer deal. It's funny they're worried about it being a inconvenience.

Sorry to here your still going through all the red tape, I hope they get it straigned out soon.

Post Likes
    Sorry to here your still going through all the red tape, I hope they get it straigned out soon.
    Thanks

It's frusterating but I hopefull all will work out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Congrats on the win. Any problem successfully solved is a boost to your confidence.

As far as irate customers, I wonder if that shouldn't be a part of training. Learning how to deal with cold or hot customers, customers with a pile of money on the line in the refer business, is an important part of what we do.

Sadly, telling them to STFD and STFU isn't good in most cases. Tends to create more problems than it solves.
    An irate customer could probably be easily inserted into a program. I know in CATTRAX-E you have to not let the "hand" icon touch anything live or a pop-up of you getting electrocuted comes up.

I think I've got the perfect candidate too:

WHENS MY HEAT GOING TO WORK IN JESUS NAME I PRAY!!!

Hope no ones hand slips when that comes up.

Post Likes
    Night all

Post Likes
    Hope everyone had a good day.

Everything OK Warren???
    well.... yeah... still got my job. But i didnt get to work today. Why is it that it almost always seems like the service techs are the only ones penalized? I mean I told the office back in the beginning of Jan I needed it changed, but because what the boss told me and told someone else were two different stories, that I am the one who lost an 8 hr day but no one in the office ever does! Doesnt sound fair does it?
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Post Likes
    well come on down! We hardly ever get snow and most of the times the temps never dip below 30. occasionally.... but not much. This yr was one were it seems to be a cold yr. but i havent kept track of the temps.
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Post Likes
    Night all
    Meetings all day Bret with the California Contingent....trying to figure out what to build for you guys for a new DRSA to make you millions with the Utilities paying the freight and the repairs.... looks promising but you guys are sure expensive...maybe if I'm real good I'll get yellow with envy from the patent office again.... WTF....eh?!!!
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

Post Likes
    Good morning.

Post Likes
    Morning all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 739 of 1687 FirstFirst ... 2396396897297327337347357367377387397407417427437447457467497898391239 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in