+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intro

Post Likes

Intro

Hello all
    I think this is my first time posting here. Just an intro to myself and my experience. I have been in the trades for 18 years. Started out in plumbing/gas fitting then got into hvac refrigeration. Most recently I've had a huge interest in commercial industrial gas and controls. I picked up my A LEVEL gas ticket along the way. Anyways, I look forward to some discussions. Cheers.

2. Likes VTP99, Special-K liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Welcome to HVACR Central.
    We share info to help each other so lets start w/ Q's or A's. Get your post count up and join the 'Pro Side' where DIY and non-Pros are kept at bay.
    Did you see the CONTROLS Section?

Post Likes
    Welcome to HVAC-TALK.

This forum is comprised of some of the best minds in the HVAC/R business covering residential, commercial, industrial, and refrigeration applications that is unmatched anywhere else in the industry. The knowledge base is vast.

The best place to view, add comments, and receive general guidance on technical matters (until you apply for PRO status) is in the “Tech to Tech Chat” forums located under the title - The ARPA Zone/Open Membership Discussion Forums. Just note that step by step troubleshooting is still not allowed in those particular forums.

Once you get your post count up (5 posts), and apply for “PRO” status (it is free), you can view threads in the “Locked” Pro forums, located under the title - Carnak Zone/Locked Areas - For Professional Member Only. This is where step by step troubleshooting, in depth technical discussions, and posting of manuals are allowed.

We also have a comprehensive “Educational Forum” inside the “Locked” area too.

Here is where you apply - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...dubhw/viewform

One thing you can do in the mean time, is to completely fill out your profile to give us a little more info on yourself. Please include an email address in that profile too, as it can be used to send you information such as manuals or wiring diagrams should we not be able to upload them to this site because the files are too large.

Good luck in your future aspirations, and we hope to see you on the Pro side of this forum.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    Hey Foxy! Welcome aboard.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    Welcome New Guy

Post Likes
    Yeah, welcome! Nice to have another experienced guy in the ranks. Get your PRO status lined out....it's free and easy!

Post Likes
    Foxy, out of curiosity, how did you learn about hvac-talk?

Dang, I need a cool nickname.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

9. Likes BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Foxy, out of curiosity, how did you learn about hvac-talk?

Dang, I need a cool nickname.
    Only one screen name😇

Post Likes
    Thanks! I plan on it

Post Likes
    Hopefully your next post won't be another 10 years 😯

Post Likes
    Welcome to the best of the best!

Get your 5 posts in and apply for Pro Membership, that will unlock the best parts of this forum. There's an AMAZING knowledge base here.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in