View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    33 24.63%
  • june 20

    31 23.13%
  • july 1

    26 19.40%
  • july 12

    44 32.84%
  1. #20177
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,440

  2. #20178
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Post # 7200 for ya, Bret. Congrats.

    You know, even knowing you and what you went through (as well as anyone can through the magic of the internet anyway) I find it hard sometimes to make time for family.

    Frank said in another thread that he's used to working all the time and his family is, too. I think that is something that affects a lot of HVAC guys.

    I try the best that I can, but sometimes....... It just doesn't feel like I do enough.

    Oh well, live, learn, love and do the best you can while you're here, I guess.
    I know what you mean. but when you get time make it count. I make Andy and Karen part of my work ( it works for us may not work for some)

    Seems like you put your Kids and Family as a very high priority to me
    If you help others then you are a Success

  3. #20179
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Grooooovvvvvy, Maaaaann!!
    Always wanted one inthe 70's but never got one as a kid.

    he got me a Green one.

    get my old black light and black light posters out
    If you help others then you are a Success

  4. #20180
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,832
    you need a disco ball
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  5. #20181
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    Well Andy and are are off to Food Lion
    If you help others then you are a Success

  6. #20182
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    you need a disco ball
    I love those things

    That and Strobe lights
    If you help others then you are a Success

  7. #20183
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,832
    when I was a kid!
    I used to just kick back in my room, lava lamp, black panther lamp with red eyes, incense and just listen to pink floyd dark side of the moon!
    no worries!
    I miss that!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  8. #20184
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,832
    Jeremy,
    every year the boss brings on one RINGER!
    one guy with all the experience, training and accounts!
    The Michael Jordan of hvac!
    Ever year I learn that these guys are never what I thought they would be!
    Monday we get a new MJ!
    He has two HUGE accounts!
    Maybe this will be the guy!

    I used to be excited about getting these great guys!

    Now I just wait to see how dumb they are!
    Ofcourse he will get a new truck, a whole krap load over scale and who knows what else?
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  9. #20185
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,440
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    Jeremy,
    every year the boss brings on one RINGER!
    one guy with all the experience, training and accounts!
    The Michael Jordan of hvac!
    Ever year I learn that these guys are never what I thought they would be!
    Monday we get a new MJ!
    He has two HUGE accounts!
    Maybe this will be the guy!

    I used to be excited about getting these great guys!

    Now I just wait to see how dumb they are!
    Ofcourse he will get a new truck, a whole krap load over scale and who knows what else?

    This year, we're actually getting a little company paid training.

    Happy 2011!!!!!!


    I've learned so far that there AREN'T many Michael Jordan's in HVAC/R work. You might have guys who are very good at this or that, but the guy who is VERY good at a broad cross section of this trade is an exceptional man indeed and worth more money than any company could afford to pay him.


    This website and a couple of others have REALLY helped to broaden my knowledge base and sharpen my diagnostic skills.

  10. #20186
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,440
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    when I was a kid!
    I used to just kick back in my room, lava lamp, black panther lamp with red eyes, incense and just listen to pink floyd dark side of the moon!
    no worries!
    I miss that!
    Sure....

    That's ALL that you did. I'm certain that there were no illegal substances involved.....

  11. #20187
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,832
    yeah!
    there may be a Michael Jordan of HVAC??

    I am starting to think that a guy who just works hard and shows up every day! gives 100%, and cares about his company and customers AKA "shoppy" is about as good as it gets!

    a little birdy told me that Andy Shoen took but did not pass the CM exam!!!!!!!
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!












    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    This year, we're actually getting a little company paid training.

    Happy 2011!!!!!!


    I've learned so far that there AREN'T many Michael Jordan's in HVAC/R work. You might have guys who are very good at this or that, but the guy who is VERY good at a broad cross section of this trade is an exceptional man indeed and worth more money than any company could afford to pay him.


    This website and a couple of others have REALLY helped to broaden my knowledge base and sharpen my diagnostic skills.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  12. #20188
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,832
    you do not need the gonja when listening to floyd with a lava lamp!

    how about listening to Zeppelin MOBY DICK drum solo from hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1









    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Sure....

    That's ALL that you did. I'm certain that there were no illegal substances involved.....
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  13. #20189
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    windy city
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    when I was a kid!
    I used to just kick back in my room, lava lamp, black panther lamp with red eyes, incense and just listen to pink floyd dark side of the moon!
    no worries!
    I miss that!
    and smoking reefer out of a one hitter...........
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

Page 1553 of 2270 FirstFirst ... 55310531453150315431546154715481549155015511552155315541555155615571558155915601563160316532053 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event