View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    33 24.63%
  • june 20

    31 23.13%
  • july 1

    26 19.40%
  • july 12

    44 32.84%
  1. #14288
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    17,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Damn straight...every CEO who loses $100M for his company should get his $15M bonus/share offering. Can't understand why either our kids these days should feel entitled to be kept in the lap of luxury for showing up and breathing in the morning or other continents resenting us for being so gluttonous.

    Important Philosophical fact: .......every human being has the embedded knowledge of what is right and what is wrong.....if they either don't or try to fool others to be dishonest.....Mother Nature comes back with a vengeance....
    Here is the empirically relevant point in this: these bonuses are contractual, and area a part of the overall compensation package agreed to by the board of directors in the executive contracts. None of the company execs "lost money for their company." If you have some sort of financial statement that would indicate that some exec has gotten a bonus outside the proscribed benefit agreement, I would be happy to look at it.

    Corollary to philosophical fact: what you get in life is most often by agreement with other parties to whom you are beholden. When you receive a benefit WITHOUT an agreement or being beholden, you have the culture of entitlement that is now plaguing the US. When folks receive a benefit for say, breathing, that is not a reflection of a free people, but the jack boot of a dictator hoping to retain power.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  2. #14289
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    Wow had a good day on the go all day.

    hit the floor @ 7:30 am and going till about 7:30 pm . Wouldn't saying I was running all day but was going at a steady place with olny a 20 or 30 min break for lunch. and only about 20 min to set down and Check H-talk this afternoon.

    I've held up well tried but not exuhasted.


    Boy it great to be done with Treatment and heal back up.

    3 1/2 year till I make my 5 year mark.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  3. #14290
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    Thanks to every here for helping me (us) get this far Everyone this post holds a very special place is Karen Andy and MY heart.

    Your friendship and kindness are deeply appreciated.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  4. #14291
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,411

  5. #14292
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Here is the empirically relevant point in this: these bonuses are contractual, and area a part of the overall compensation package agreed to by the board of directors in the executive contracts. None of the company execs "lost money for their company." If you have some sort of financial statement that would indicate that some exec has gotten a bonus outside the proscribed benefit agreement, I would be happy to look at it.

    Corollary to philosophical fact: what you get in life is most often by agreement with other parties to whom you are beholden. When you receive a benefit WITHOUT an agreement or being beholden, you have the culture of entitlement that is now plaguing the US. When folks receive a benefit for say, breathing, that is not a reflection of a free people, but the jack boot of a dictator hoping to retain power.



    Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.....wrong is wrong.......then the laws of human nature kick in there Einstein..... .....don't believe me.....look around you.....
    It's not an economic downturn......it's a reckoning.....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  6. #14293
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,459
    Way to go Bret.....YOU'll be the one dragging Andy around Orlando....cool...
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  7. #14294
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Way to go Bret.....YOU'll be the one dragging Andy around Orlando....cool...

    I hope so Diney, Sea World and the AHR Expo is going to be a lot.


    Andy want to "get tickets to see the Underground world Diseny (the mechanical plants ect...).

    Andy's has vision of Bags and Bags of Stuff from the Expo.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  8. #14295
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    I just look

    Date of Diagnoises July 14 2008 4:56 pm.

    Patient informed of Diagnoises July 15 2008 1:00 pm.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  9. #14296
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    17,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.....wrong is wrong.......then the laws of human nature kick in there Einstein..... .....don't believe me.....look around you.....
    It's not an economic downturn......it's a reckoning.....
    I'd like to think that I could have a serious discussion with you. However, when I was a liberal, no one could do that with me, either.

    What has happened here has one basic reason: banks were forced by the congressional and Senate banking committee heads to start making loans under the Community Reinvestment Act. These were loans that would have not passed muster under the old credit vetting system, but not enough constituents of these crooked politicians were able to get loans, so this change was forced on the banks. That means that fannie and freddy were the vehicles used to create the subprime loan phenomena. So, it was the government meddling in the free enterprise system that led to where we are now. The "reckoning" is sill to come, when our currency becomes worthless because our treasury is printing worthless paper like it is going out of style.

    Now, if you think this problem exists because some bankers and executives are getting some bonuses that they are contractually owed, then you have some serious current events education to catch up on.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  10. #14297
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    17,911
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Thanks to every here for helping me (us) get this far Everyone this post holds a very special place is Karen Andy and MY heart.

    Your friendship and kindness are deeply appreciated.
    I'm sure that everyone here is in your corner, my friend.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  11. #14298
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    I'd like to think that I could have a serious discussion with you. However, when I was a liberal, no one could do that with me, either.

    What has happened here has one basic reason: banks were forced by the congressional and Senate banking committee heads to start making loans under the Community Reinvestment Act. That means that fannie and freddy were the vehicles used to create the subprime loan phenomena. So, it was the government meddling in the free enterprise system that led to where we ar now. The "reckoning" is sill to come, when our currency becomes worthless because our treasury is printing worthless paper like it is going out of style.

    Now, if you think this problem exists because some bankers and executives are getting some bonuses that they are contractually owed, then you have some serious current events education to catch up on.
    You win AGAIN there buddy....you're just too smart for me to 'have a discussion with'.....
    I feel so sorry for you getting stuck in this trade with all us dumb a$$es.....I bow to you AGAIN......
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  12. #14299
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    I'm sure that everyone here is in your corner, my friend.
    I can't begin to express how this post got me thought the tough days of treatment. I can remember one Friday night there were several of us on that night I lost track of time while hanging out here and suddenly notice it was well after 9:30 pm. I remember thinking how good it felt to hang out with friends and lost track of time.

    I don't know if that makes sense to anyone unless you spend the better part of a year pulse sick as one can be with our a$$ stuck in a Recliner.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  13. #14300
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,603
    Well time for bed

    Night guys
    If you help others then you are a Success

Page 1100 of 2269 FirstFirst ... 10060010001050109010931094109510961097109810991100110111021103110411051106110711101150120016002100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event