View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    35 25.36%
  • june 20

    31 22.46%
  • july 1

    26 18.84%
  • july 12

    46 33.33%
  1. #27015
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    23,011
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Well Art, if you gotta ask......means you gotta study more......but since your the dedicated employee that texts into the forums all through the work day........that should give you a clue......
    Ever the passive aggressive sort, eh?

    I often have extra time because of store managers I have to wait for to produce keys for access, supply houses where there are five customers and two countermen, and a host of other situations that produce time that can be used to share and learn.

    So, what are the three things to which you have alluded?
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  2. #27016
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,630
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Ever the passive aggressive sort, eh?

    I often have extra time because of store managers I have to wait for to produce keys for access, supply houses where there are five customers and two countermen, and a host of other situations that produce time that can be used to share and learn.

    So, what are the three things to which you have alluded?
    Thanx for the unrequested dimestore philosophy Art.....FWIW....
    And since this is my first rodeo in 36 years in the HVAC/R trade, thanx for illuminating my tiny corporate mind to what keeps you (in particular) busy out in the field Art.....'cause (like Taylor Swift) I'd never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever figured it out on my own.
    So now get off you fat union a$$, take some personal responsibility for your own health and go get some exercise other than your thumbs champ.....since Obama is going to completely ruin your health care system
    Finally Art.....let's just concede again that you won......that way we can both do more constructive positive things today than argue with another pig headed SOB!!!!

    Off up the mountain in 9 degC sunny dry trails with the dogs....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  3. #27017
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    23,011
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Thanx for the unrequested dimestore philosophy Art.....FWIW....
    And since this is my first rodeo in 36 years in the HVAC/R trade, thanx for illuminating my tiny corporate mind to what keeps you (in particular) busy out in the field Art.....'cause (like Taylor Swift) I'd never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever figured it out on my own.
    So now get off you fat union a$$, take some personal responsibility for your own health and go get some exercise other than your thumbs champ.....since Obama is going to completely ruin your health care system
    Finally Art.....let's just concede again that you won......that way we can both do more constructive positive things today than argue with another pig headed SOB!!!!

    Off up the mountain in 9 degC sunny dry trails with the dogs....
    I'm sorry. I would have thought you would learn to conduct yourself in a more fraternal manner with another tradesman in 36 years. That's is why I am always baffled by your poor attitude.

    I'm not a Union guy, either.

    I just would like to see you post the three things one would need to remember. Maybe some of us could get a laugh out of it.

    Maybe you would just rather be acidic. Someone must have really hurt you in your life.

    Enjoy your day.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  4. #27018
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,962
    Post Likes
    afternoon all
    If you help others then you are a Success

  5. #27019
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,962
    Post Likes
    snowing all day here no much sticking cause it's in the high 38 today.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  6. #27020
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,568
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    PM inbound.
    Thanks Ray.. The info was very useful

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Should be a quick study for the union exam.....only need to remember 3 things.....
    University level algebra, physics and chem?

  7. #27021
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    23,011
    Post Likes
    Good morning, Bret and everyone!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  8. #27022
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,962
    Post Likes
    Morning all

  9. #27023
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,568
    Post Likes
    'Morning Bret and everyone.. More studying in store here.. Can't wait for the first weekend in March

  10. #27024
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    26,597
    Post Likes
    Something of a sad weekend for me.

    As most here know, I'm pretty deeply involved as a Cub Scout leader. As my children have aged, my oldest is now a Boy Scout and my younger will soon be.


    I've announced my resignation as Cubmaster for this pack. Last night was my last Blue and Gold Banquet to MC, next month will be the last Pinewood Derby that I'll run.

    I've worked hard to rebuild what I saw as a dying program. When I took the reins, there were about 15 cubs. As I step down, I've more than tripled the size of our unit, making it the largest unit in my county with 50 scouts on paper and about 45-46 that are pretty active.

    Having found a successor to take over running the unit, I'm now working as a Den Leader, which is what I'm best at, sitting on the floor with a bunch of kids goofing off. Once we're done goofing, however, I'm still working to create the back-up structure that the new leadership will need to keep the program running optimally.

    It is somewhat bitter-sweet. While I'm a bit tired of being the Cubmaster and dealing with all of the stresses of doing it, I'll miss my scouts. Through my tenure, I've made a point of learning all of the scouts names BEFORE their parents. I refer to parents as "Mrs. Jimmy's Mom" until I learn their names, explaining that I'm not a Cub Scout leader for the parent, but for the boy. I truly LOVE these boys and it's amazing what an attachment that they have for my wife and I, and I'll miss that one-on-one connection with them.

    I'm not dropping out completely. Just moving into a different role. I'm following them to Boy Scouts when they go as a Merit Badge Counselor and, likely an Assistant Scout Master.


    Sorry to unload like this, but I've been doing this since my 12 year old was in Kindergarten and it's harder than I thought that it would be.

  11. #27025
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,630
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Something of a sad weekend for me.

    As most here know, I'm pretty deeply involved as a Cub Scout leader. As my children have aged, my oldest is now a Boy Scout and my younger will soon be.


    I've announced my resignation as Cubmaster for this pack. Last night was my last Blue and Gold Banquet to MC, next month will be the last Pinewood Derby that I'll run.

    I've worked hard to rebuild what I saw as a dying program. When I took the reins, there were about 15 cubs. As I step down, I've more than tripled the size of our unit, making it the largest unit in my county with 50 scouts on paper and about 45-46 that are pretty active.

    Having found a successor to take over running the unit, I'm now working as a Den Leader, which is what I'm best at, sitting on the floor with a bunch of kids goofing off. Once we're done goofing, however, I'm still working to create the back-up structure that the new leadership will need to keep the program running optimally.

    It is somewhat bitter-sweet. While I'm a bit tired of being the Cubmaster and dealing with all of the stresses of doing it, I'll miss my scouts. Through my tenure, I've made a point of learning all of the scouts names BEFORE their parents. I refer to parents as "Mrs. Jimmy's Mom" until I learn their names, explaining that I'm not a Cub Scout leader for the parent, but for the boy. I truly LOVE these boys and it's amazing what an attachment that they have for my wife and I, and I'll miss that one-on-one connection with them.

    I'm not dropping out completely. Just moving into a different role. I'm following them to Boy Scouts when they go as a Merit Badge Counselor and, likely an Assistant Scout Master.


    Sorry to unload like this, but I've been doing this since my 12 year old was in Kindergarten and it's harder than I thought that it would be.
    JP,
    You are doing what you are supposed to do......everything in nature is either growing or dying......nothing remains the same......
    Remember, you are not quitting but rather you are growing with your 'kids' and moving on with them......just like nature has it meant to be......and supporting a new 'branch' on the tree.

    And take a few quiet moments to humbly pat yourself on the back........we are awash in a world full of 'withdrawers' so be proud of the fact the you helped 'deposit' a great deal into 'social bank'.....way to go......proud of ya....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  12. #27026
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    23,011
    Post Likes
    Good morning, Bret and everyone.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  13. #27027
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    26,597
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post

    JP,
    You are doing what you are supposed to do......everything in nature is either growing or dying......nothing remains the same......
    Remember, you are not quitting but rather you are growing with your 'kids' and moving on with them......just like nature has it meant to be......and supporting a new 'branch' on the tree.

    And take a few quiet moments to humbly pat yourself on the back........we are awash in a world full of 'withdrawers' so be proud of the fact the you helped 'deposit' a great deal into 'social bank'.....way to go......proud of ya....
    That was my "pat on the back"

    I had my fun in scouting, and am now having more fun watching the kids have fun than I ever had as a youth.

    To use your word, it is humbling to watch these youth grow within the program.

    One that my wife and I were just talking about last night...

    This boy, in third grade, wouldn't be found very far from mom. When, in 5th grade, we graduated him into boy scouts, I predicted a short and painful tenure followed by a quit after the first weekend camporee.

    As it turns out, he is now about 15, working on his Eagle, and I could not be any happier in having been so wrong about that young man.

Page 2079 of 2401 FirstFirst ... 10791579197920292069207220732074207520762077207820792080208120822083208420852086208921292179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365