View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    35 25.00%
  • june 20

    31 22.14%
  • july 1

    27 19.29%
  • july 12

    47 33.57%
  1. #26768
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    13,914
    Post Likes
    thats her!
    but black with red rockshox!
    red TREK logo

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Fronk's new steed....
    Attachment 344421
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  2. #26769
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    13,914
    Post Likes
    thanks for the support Doug!
    more than I am getting in Kansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Stay tuned for Fronk's epic journey tonight.......
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  3. #26770
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    13,914
    Post Likes
    the 16.9 MPH average is with a 30 minute lunch break at the hilltop!

    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    well I worked late last night got home around 9 i think?
    it was also bout 35*.

    so i got up early, about 45* and raining hard but WTF?
    I went up to the hilltop 16.3 miles in exactly one hour dried off a little and had a grilled chicken breast and then back in less than 1 hour .
    average speed 16.9 mph.
    I feel great not tired at all and never really breathed hard!
    I am not sore anywhere YET!
    I am off tomorrow and it is supposed to be dry and sunny.
    I will do it again in the morning without the sleet and rain and get back to you!
    I dont have a pump, tool kit, water bottle, but bag, helment, gloves, cycling shoes, goggles etccc.
    hands were pretty cold going back down the hill maybe 40-50 mph not sure??
    the support I am getting from all my socalled buddies telling me i am too fat to ride a bike is really inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!



    I did not bring my phone to take a pic cus the rain!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  4. #26771
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,670
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    thanks for the support Doug!
    more than I am getting in Kansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Way to go Fronk.....glad to hear it.......we all need to step up the exercise at this stage in our life....use it or lose it.....
    You'll get bored with the road soon and start looking for skinnies on trails soon buddy.....

    I love this trail (when it's not raining!!!!!)
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  5. #26772
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    13,914
    Post Likes
    that really looks fun doug!

    i hope if i ride every day i will lose a few lbs and then I look forward to the skinnies~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Way to go Fronk.....glad to hear it.......we all need to step up the exercise at this stage in our life....use it or lose it.....
    You'll get bored with the road soon and start looking for skinnies on trails soon buddy.....

    I love this trail (when it's not raining!!!!!)
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  6. #26773
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    13,914
    Post Likes
    that really looks fun doug!

    i hope if i ride every day i will lose a few lbs and then I look forward to the skinnies~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Way to go Fronk.....glad to hear it.......we all need to step up the exercise at this stage in our life....use it or lose it.....
    You'll get bored with the road soon and start looking for skinnies on trails soon buddy.....

    I love this trail (when it's not raining!!!!!)
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  7. #26774
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    13,914
    Post Likes
    oops!!!!!!!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  8. #26775
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    831
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
    'Morning Bret and everyone. Ray, no choice.. Brother in law's getting married and it'd be kinda dumb to fly overseas just for a weekend. Finally got my high school transcripts so I can apply for 787. Fingers crossed
    Make sure you have the required high school courses as well. I know a few guys Ive been talking to have been saying that they wont look at people without them. You can get them through ILC. Just bang them out over a few weekends. ILC courses are actually recognized Ontario high school credits.

    http://www.ilc.org/

    successful completion of general or advanced level Grade 12 English (ENG4C, ENG4U, ENG4E, ENG4G, ENG4A, ENGOA),
    successful completion of general or advanced level Grade 12 Math (MCT4C, MAP4C, MGA4U, MDM4U, MCV4U, MHF4U, MTT4G, MAT4A, MEL4E),
    successful completion of general or advanced level Grade 11 or Grade 12 Physics (SPH3U, SPH4C, SPH4U, SPH4G, SPH4A, SPHOA), OR
    successful completion of general or advanced level Grade 12 Chemistry (SCH4U, SCH4C, SCHOA).
    If Im not mistaken youve got a couple miles more on the odometer than I do, so this might be jibberish. I was in grade 10 when they did away with grade 13 and ran the final year as some abbreviation. Basically it says you need any grade 12 English and math (at any skill level). But you do need an advanced chem and physics (these became electives after grade 10 and were only offered at the college and up level-considering the basic level for the compulsary courses started at "everyday life" aka. kids who dont care and will work at McDs the rest of their lives).

    You might already have the prerequisites and this post might not help at all, but, Im hearing that a lot of guys are getting turned down by 787 because they dont have the high school courses they need. Im lucky I got in when I did though-I was the only guy in my grade 12 chem class. 17 year old me can justify the mark I got LOL.

    Also was your pre-trade course a 2 year one? Thats another big thing Im hearing is stopping a lot of potential applicants. However, I think its more to keep the Himark guys out.
    Get money, get paid.

  9. #26776
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,670
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    Make sure you have the required high school courses as well. I know a few guys Ive been talking to have been saying that they wont look at people without them. You can get them through ILC. Just bang them out over a few weekends. ILC courses are actually recognized Ontario high school credits.

    http://www.ilc.org/




    If Im not mistaken youve got a couple miles more on the odometer than I do, so this might be jibberish. I was in grade 10 when they did away with grade 13 and ran the final year as some abbreviation. Basically it says you need any grade 12 English and math (at any skill level). But you do need an advanced chem and physics (these became electives after grade 10 and were only offered at the college and up level-considering the basic level for the compulsary courses started at "everyday life" aka. kids who dont care and will work at McDs the rest of their lives).

    You might already have the prerequisites and this post might not help at all, but, Im hearing that a lot of guys are getting turned down by 787 because they dont have the high school courses they need. Im lucky I got in when I did though-I was the only guy in my grade 12 chem class. 17 year old me can justify the mark I got LOL.

    Also was your pre-trade course a 2 year one? Thats another big thing Im hearing is stopping a lot of potential applicants. However, I think its more to keep the Himark guys out.
    Don't matter to you guys anyway.....all your princess, whiney, snivelly, self absorbed teachers are gonna continue to throw their grade school temper tantrums and "NOT TEACH" 'cause they haven't had their bums wiped enough times/day !!!!
    God, I can't believe that they call themselves 'professionals' when not only do they only work \|/800hrs/yr but they don't bring ANY tools to the job AND they have NEVER had to get a parent to 'sign off' on their work.
    That province'll be bankrupt by spring.......too much Obamanomics goin' on there MR and Ray....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  10. #26777
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    13,914
    Post Likes
    high school???????

    they kicked me out when i wore a kkk outfit to school on halloween and got arrested and convicted of felony intent to start a riot!
    thank God my records are sealed!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  11. #26778
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    831
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Don't matter to you guys anyway.....all your princess, whiney, snivelly, self absorbed teachers are gonna continue to throw their grade school temper tantrums and "NOT TEACH" 'cause they haven't had their bums wiped enough times/day !!!!
    God, I can't believe that they call themselves 'professionals' when not only do they only work \|/800hrs/yr but they don't bring ANY tools to the job AND they have NEVER had to get a parent to 'sign off' on their work.
    That province'll be bankrupt by spring.......too much Obamanomics goin' on there MR and Ray....
    I hear ya Doug. And the teachers say they are doing for the kids too, which I think is a load of pure b/s! The ones who are going to suffer the worst is the grade 8's and grade 12's who should be getting ready for their next level of education. At this rate, those kids will be lucky if they can find a summer school spot to make up any classes that they will fail because of all the days the teachers walked out.

    A local radio show here had a day where they were talking about this in the morning. They were getting their usual audience of young tradesmen (its an FM new rock channel) saying the exact same thing-suck it up buttercup. Then they had teachers calling in saying the usual "were doing this for the kids, we dont want to do this, the Ontario Government is making us do this." This was usually followed with "we have been ordered by our Union not to doing anything extracurricular or hold parent teacher meetings outside the usual hours because we will be fired if we do."

    Then a teacher who actually had a set called in. Hes a young guy who pretty much said the ones behind this are the old farts with only a couple years left before they retire. They just want more money so they can buy their new Benz (because here in Ontario if you dont have a Benz, Audi, or BMW at the very least you are nothing but scum and should worship the ground those people walk on. And only drive in the truck lanes because your car will not do 150 in the far left lane).

    Sad thing is it isnt just the teachers. Its everyone here. Spending beyond their means. Everyone needs a high end car. Developers pillaging the land and putting in seas of town homes which they will sell anyone. This all sounds really familiar. I think a first world country actually went into a major economic downturn because of it. Ah well.

    Me and the girlfriend have talked about heading out to her home province where the things I call mountains are actually mow hills. Then again when you were born and raised in a concrete jungle, I guess the land forms around Kelowna can be quite intimidating. You wouldnt happen to need a rooftop guy in a few years would you. LOL.
    Get money, get paid.

  12. #26779
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,670
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    I hear ya Doug. And the teachers say they are doing for the kids too, which I think is a load of pure b/s! The ones who are going to suffer the worst is the grade 8's and grade 12's who should be getting ready for their next level of education. At this rate, those kids will be lucky if they can find a summer school spot to make up any classes that they will fail because of all the days the teachers walked out.

    A local radio show here had a day where they were talking about this in the morning. They were getting their usual audience of young tradesmen (its an FM new rock channel) saying the exact same thing-suck it up buttercup. Then they had teachers calling in saying the usual "were doing this for the kids, we dont want to do this, the Ontario Government is making us do this." This was usually followed with "we have been ordered by our Union not to doing anything extracurricular or hold parent teacher meetings outside the usual hours because we will be fired if we do."

    Then a teacher who actually had a set called in. Hes a young guy who pretty much said the ones behind this are the old farts with only a couple years left before they retire. They just want more money so they can buy their new Benz (because here in Ontario if you dont have a Benz, Audi, or BMW at the very least you are nothing but scum and should worship the ground those people walk on. And only drive in the truck lanes because your car will not do 150 in the far left lane).

    Sad thing is it isnt just the teachers. Its everyone here. Spending beyond their means. Everyone needs a high end car. Developers pillaging the land and putting in seas of town homes which they will sell anyone. This all sounds really familiar. I think a first world country actually went into a major economic downturn because of it. Ah well.

    Me and the girlfriend have talked about heading out to her home province where the things I call mountains are actually mow hills. Then again when you were born and raised in a concrete jungle, I guess the land forms around Kelowna can be quite intimidating. You wouldnt happen to need a rooftop guy in a few years would you. LOL.
    Hey Ray,
    You are right on the money there buddy.
    "We are doing TO, er, I mean for your kids" They are without a doubt the worst self indulgent group of people that live on the planet WAY OUT OF reality. They think they are the only group that has any worth on the planet and that everyone else are beneath them and uneducated, like their students.
    Have you ever worked for any.....? Wow, they work in an industry where they refuse to give FSA exams (so that parents [their bosses] and the administration have a baseline) to assess their level of competency and then when you work for them they pick EVERYTHING to death and then short you on the pay.....because you forgot to take your shoes off once and likely got pine needles on the floor. They are a complete joke and the beauty of it is they will eventually 'kill their HUGE pension funds' as the pigs at the trough ruin it for the latter...it'll be justice Ray, but it will be up to you and my daughters to tell them to go $@!^ yourself for a government bailout.....you over ate at the pig's trough at the front of your career you need to even the balance sheet.

    YOu done any Geo yet Ray.....?
    Send me you Resumé...
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  13. #26780
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    24,494
    Post Likes
    I'm sorry to hear that the American public school teacher's union attitude has infected Canada. You have my sympathies.

    Good morning, Bret and everyone.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







Page 2060 of 2426 FirstFirst ... 10601560196020102050205320542055205620572058205920602061206220632064206520662067207021102160 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365