View Poll Results: when will we get to 4,000 posts?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • june 12

    35 25.18%
  • june 20

    31 22.30%
  • july 1

    26 18.71%
  • july 12

    47 33.81%
  1. #24558
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,000
    Post Likes
    Got back last night from a 5 day trip to cmy college reunion. It was a good time takeing the family aroun campus and seeing folks

    On phone rightknow legs havig trouble and toweek to get out of bed
    If you help others then you are a Success

  2. #24559
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    23,948
    Post Likes
    Good morning, Bret and everyone!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  3. #24560
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,591
    Post Likes
    And a good morning from me.. Today's gonna get up to 34 degrees, the longer it keeps up the more desperate the shops will be

  4. #24561
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,000
    Post Likes
    Evening all pay for 5 days of fun a$$ in bed most of the day
    If you help others then you are a Success

  5. #24562
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,666
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Evening all pay for 5 days of fun a$$ in bed most of the day
    You dirty pig.....tell Karen I expected better behaviour from her in the MIDDLE of the week.....bad, bad pair you two are!!!
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  6. #24563
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    23,948
    Post Likes
    Good morning, Bret and everyone.

    Stay cool.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  7. #24564
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,000
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    You dirty pig.....tell Karen I expected better behaviour from her in the MIDDLE of the week.....bad, bad pair you two are!!!
    Well it's not part of the voluntarily nervous system so
    If you help others then you are a Success

  8. #24565
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,000
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
    And a good morning from me.. Today's gonna get up to 34 degrees, the longer it keeps up the more desperate the shops will be
    Hotter the better for this trade or up there also the colder the better.

    how far along are in in education process?
    If you help others then you are a Success

  9. #24566
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,000
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Good morning, Bret and everyone!
    Art how are thing coming along with Julie's estate?
    How are you doing?
    If you help others then you are a Success

  10. #24567
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,591
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Hotter the better for this trade or up there also the colder the better.

    how far along are in in education process?
    'Afternoon Bret. The process never ends Finished school, wrote the exam last Friday, tomorrow I found out if I passed (reasonably confident that I did, but we'll know for sure in under 24hrs).

    Been pounding the pavement, so far, 10 shops specializing in I-C-I stuff.. One would have hired me as a helper but the wait for 5yr apprenticeship is 2 years and the hours don't count. Gonna grab a couple more leads today and hit the pavement again tomorrow, followups next week.

    On a good note I got some weekend work at a tire shop just now (needed a pair for the ol' beater). Don't mind making a few extra bucks and keeping my hands dirty - nothing worse than walking into a shop with squeeky clean hands

  11. #24568
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    23,948
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Art how are thing coming along with Julie's estate?
    How are you doing?

    Well, her brother and attorney are having an auction of her house and most of its contents. I got her car.

    She told me about a week before she died that she had changed her will, and that I would be "taken care of," but she never made it to the office to sign it.

    So, the old will says I get her car. In the words of her attorney, "this is what we are stuck with."

    Everything has a sense of non-reality about it, unless I am focused on something. So, I try to stay focused on tasks, diags, and whatever else I can find.

    Glad to hear you are getting a little r&r in.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  12. #24569
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C.
    Posts
    2,666
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
    'Afternoon Bret. The process never ends Finished school, wrote the exam last Friday, tomorrow I found out if I passed (reasonably confident that I did, but we'll know for sure in under 24hrs).

    Been pounding the pavement, so far, 10 shops specializing in I-C-I stuff.. One would have hired me as a helper but the wait for 5yr apprenticeship is 2 years and the hours don't count. Gonna grab a couple more leads today and hit the pavement again tomorrow, followups next week.

    On a good note I got some weekend work at a tire shop just now (needed a pair for the ol' beater). Don't mind making a few extra bucks and keeping my hands dirty - nothing worse than walking into a shop with squeeky clean hands
    That shop was lying to you.....In Canada you MUST either be an indentured apprentice or a TQ'd journeman.......you CANNOT be used/worked as a labourer and you MUST be banking your hours as an apprentice.....don't let the SOB BS you....
    Did you hear back from Steve at all in Alberta?
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

  13. #24570
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,591
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    That shop was lying to you.....In Canada you MUST either be an indentured apprentice or a TQ'd journeman.......you CANNOT be used/worked as a labourer and you MUST be banking your hours as an apprentice.....don't let the SOB BS you....
    Did you hear back from Steve at all in Alberta?
    The system is a bit different in Ontario because getting a gas licence is fairly easy. I'd be hired as a gas technician. That's when your typical shop sees whether the hand is responsible, willing+able to learn, good with customers etc etc etc and then gets signed on as an apprentice for refrigeration. He was actually a very nice guy and told me right off the bat that he already has a couple of helpers he was about to sign on as apprentices, so I would have had to wait until he had more journeymen before a spot opened up. Had he been an SOB, he would have told me "yeah, just come and work for me, I'll sign you on in a couple of months" and then strung me along for years.

    Assuming I passed my test, in about a month, my G2 licence will arrive in the mail and I could immediately get my own truck, register as a contractor and start doing whatever I want to appliances of up to 400,000BTU's (not that I'd want to do that considering how much more I have to learn, but many guys do just that). Scary part is, that with my G3 licence, I can work on appliances of ANY size (tens of millions of BTU's) under "general supervision" (same city, able to answer phone) of a G1 tech but once my licence gets upgraded to G2, I can only work on 400,000+ stuff under "direct supervision" (on site) of a G1 tech.

    Haven't heard anything from Steve yet, but I figured he's a busy guy (and so are you) so I didn't wanna start the "are we there yet dad?" chant just yet

Page 1890 of 2419 FirstFirst ... 89013901790184018801883188418851886188718881889189018911892189318941895189618971900194019902390 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365