Post Likes

Blending R32 with R125

Hi guys,
    We are planning to blend R32 and R125 in 50:50 ratio to make R410A in our factory. Since there isn't a lot literature available on this online I would really like your opinions on how to go around this. Is it as simple as putting the R125 first because it has a lesser pressure and then filling in the remaining 50% with R32. and then rolling the drum to attain a perfect mix. This is the way that I have heard from technicians and hence i've come around here to make sure that if this is safe or if some sort of equipment would be required for the manufacture of this in a smaller scale.

I am a freshly graduated Chemical Engineer and this would be my first project, so any help or opinions will highly appreciated

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    people brew their own beer because they think it tastes better. but it is cheaper to just go to the liquor store.

will your "brew" cool any better??
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Post Likes
    if the purity of the individual gas is a 100% then I have no reason to believe that it'll cool any less or more.

Post Likes
    Why? Why do this?
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Post Likes
    Consider what might be a more valuable endeavor. Develop a cost efficient way for us to separate blended refrigerants in the field to return a mix in a system back to its original purity.

If mixing refrigerants were legal, then we could do that ourselves in the field by weighing in equal parts when charging a system.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    Cause the bosses want something cost effective. Importing R410 has taxes and duties, and blending these 2 refrigerants reduces the cost upto 40%

Post Likes
    Salaam, Is this in UAE ? I am sure some other professionals will chime in soon. But shouldn't this be done in some sort of factory setting?
    wHen I diE I hOpe gOd haS mErcy oN my SiNful LifE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mofotech View Post
    Salaam, Is this in UAE ? I am sure some other professionals will chime in soon. But shouldn't this be done in some sort of factory setting?
    This isnt in the UAE, this is just an experiment that I need to conduct in a very small capacity. This will be conducted in an 800kg drum, with 400kg of R32 and 400kg of R125. If this experiment is successful then only will we go ahead with the big blending unit. Which will be an extension of our factory setup.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alishaikh View Post
    I need to conduct in a very small capacity. This will be conducted in an 800kg drum
    1,764 lbs. is considered small ?