Post Likes

Oversized condenser

So a customer had a 3 1/2 ton condenser he wanted installed to replace his failed 3 ton.
    Kind of have 2 questions.

1) The condenser calls for 10.25 lbs of refinement. In general when oversizing condenser will refrigerant be more or less than this 10.25?

2) After weighing in near 11 lbs the suction side is only about 5 deg F. High side is about 170 psi which is now high but canít get low side to rise.
    Maybe TXV?

Iíll be going back tomorrow and am looking for any input.

My Background: Electrician just graduated from a HVAC school with about a 2 months in the field after school

Thanks in advance

Post Likes
    ) After weighing in near 11 lbs the suction side is only about 5 deg F. High side is about 170 psi which is now high but canít get low side to rise.

There's not much about this that makes any sense.

Sent from my Note3 using crapatalk
    "If you canít describe what you are doing as a process, you donít know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BillTaylor View Post
    I’ll be going back tomorrow and am looking for any input.

My Background: Electrician just graduated from a HVAC school with about a 2 months in the field after school
    Bill

Sorry but you need a lot more experience before taking on any work. Please find someone to assist you in the field and learn the trade before hurting yourself or damaging equipment!

4. Likes lions_lair liked this post