Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's on call

Post Likes

Who's on call

Who's on call this week? Last year I had over 40 hrs of on call time. I remember it being much hotter with a couple of storms with power outages. Hope it's a slow weekend for you guys on the clock so you can celebrate your independence. Good luck and Happy 4th.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    Me and as much as i HATE on call, i forgot i switched with the guy who had it this week.
    UA Local 32

Post Likes
    I was on call last weekend and the week prior, so I'm off this weekend. Which is a good thing. After working so many days in a row with 'long' hours, I'm burnt to point that I just don't care anymore. A three day weekend of food and beer should get me back on track.

Post Likes
    I'm on call this weekend. We have three service guys so we make sure everyone only works one of the summer holidays.

Hopefully we will have another guy by the end of the month so the rotation will take care of its self.

Post Likes
    I'm on call too

Post Likes
    I am 5th back up for the weekend. It has been super hot so I may have to go out.
    UA Proud
    The higher your post count the more you know

Post Likes
    If you send us down some of your water, I'll send up some of that cool refreshing San Francisco fog.

Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    I am 5th back up for the weekend. It has been super hot so I may have to go out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    If you send us down some of your water, I'll send up some of that cool refreshing San Francisco fog.
    We don't have any. We haven't had any rain and the snow pack in the mountains (were our water comes from) was down like 400% this year.
    UA Proud
    The higher your post count the more you know

Post Likes
    on call too lmao

Post Likes
    I'm on. Ran one this morning but it was just a PM that was scheduled before they decided to shut down today in observance. I didn't want her to have to reschedule. Compared to the shop I just left, on call is a breeze at the new shop. It's a far more practical approach to on call and our clients are thrilled if we can get to them by the next day. The old shop felt they had to run their techs into the ground in order to get new clients - because they simply weren't retaining old clients with all their antics. It's just comfort cooling...no product will be lost or anything - so why in the hell would you be changing capacitors by headlight like I did on my last on call with the old shop?
    "...and pray it works, pray to God it works."

---Nick's Handyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGllepZY2HE

I use Sta Kon

Post Likes
    One of our guys quit so I had 3 weeks in a row. Got this weekend off.
    Had 1 emergency call the entire 3 week period
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

Post Likes
    I'm not on call for the HVAC stuff, but if you check my profile pic, I am on call for something else.

From your Friendly Fire Department........Fireworks can be fun, if used responsibility.......Please do not be a JackA$$ tomorrow........

1. Bottle rockets are to be used in open areas, not fired out of beer bottles at each other.
    2. Roman Candles are to be placed in a suitable launcher.....NOT HELD IN HAND AND SHOT AT CARS, HOMES, PEOPLE, BIRDS or anything else stupid.
    3. 2-4 inch aerial mortars are to be placed in the open, in the supplied launcher......DO NOT TAKE PVC PIPE AND BUILD A ROCKET LAUNCHER and fire said rocket through the neighbors front window when they are not home, sneak back inside, and wait until the house is ablaze before calling us.......
    4. In the event that bottle rocket, or mortar goes wild.......please check to see that it did not land on somebody shed roof, smolder for hours and then catch said shed ablaze with gas, diesel, paint thinner, propane and oxy-acetylene inside.....we don't like surprises.....
    5. DO NOT CUP UP 100 SPARKLERS and place them into a plastic soda bottle and light them.......they can produce temps of over 500+ degrees and torch your lawn pretty quick.

Following these simple, but smart rules can make the holiday more fun for everyone.

Thanks and be safe, from your local fire department.

13. Likes jxw9634 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    rockets should not be fired out your butt crack, either, idiots.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

15. Likes buford liked this post.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast