Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I PM ?

Post Likes

How do I PM ?

It has been a while since my last PM and I am now using my hand held phone. How do I send an PM to another contact. I know It may sound basic, but we used to be able to open up to PM's by clicking on that person's avatar and then go to send a PM. Now it is not there anymore. So just how do I gain access.
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

Post Likes
    Are you using Tapatalk? Tapping on the user's avatar should open up to their profile page where you can click on the envelope icon to send a PM.

Post Likes
    I just ask guys to pm me. Whatever access was there from the phone is gone now.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I just ask guys to pm me. Whatever access was there from the phone is gone now.
    You have mail.

I've never used Tapatalk before this, so I downloaded it, signed in and sent you a PM. It worked for me.

Post Likes
    Yes it worked.
    Once a PM has started I can respond but I can't find a way to start one from the phone.

Post Likes
    In my tapatalk I just go to the profile and click the orange message icon. I use tapatalk v. 6.5.6.883 on android.

On the laptop, choose the user name, private message...

Sent via ESP...
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Yes it worked.
    Once a PM has started I can respond but I can't find a way to start one from the phone.
    What version of Tapatalk do you have? I just downloaded Tapatalk 6.5.6 and it worked for me.

Post Likes
    I tried using the HVAC-Talk mobile version on my phone, went to a post, tapped on a user avatar and it took me to their profile, but no way to PM.

I then tried by tapping the three dots (...) up in the navigation bar which takes me to the search and menu page. I selected Messages from the menu, and it jumps to Search instead.

The same menu works fine if I use my PC with the Mobile version. I select Messages and get the PM page.

If you manually switch to the Full Site version on your phone, PM works fine.

There appears to be a gremlin in the vBulletin mobile software.

Post Likes
    Try tapping on the three dots in the Nav bar at the top of any page. That will take you to the vBulletin Menu page:

Name:  hvactalk-mobile-menupage.png
Views: 101
Size:  62.1 KB

Tap on the Messages icon and you should have the PM Page, with a Compose button the left top:

Name:  hvactalk-mobile-PM-page.png
Views: 101
Size:  54.8 KB

These screenshots were taken from the mobile version on my PC since it didn't work on my phone. It may work on yours.

Post Likes
    That worked for PM ice Thanks!
    Got a way to download pics and files now?

Post Likes
    That worked for PM ice Thanks!
    Got a way to download pics and files now?
    You want to download pics and files too? Get a PC. Hahaha!

I looks like the vBulletin mobile software doesn't support such things. Try switching to the full site version and zoom in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    You want to download pics and files too? Get a PC. Hahaha!

I looks like the vBulletin mobile software doesn't support such things. Try switching to the full site version and zoom in.
    It still knows you are on a phone and says it's not supported. From both Chrome desktop view or HTalk Full site view

Post Likes
    Thank you everyone, I have a new phone and just getting used to it and what it can and can't do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast