3rd party coils for new Trane AC?

I got a fairly low estimate on an install of a Trane XL16i split system from a reputable Trane dealer, but as far as I've been able to tell it won't qualify for the 30% tax credit with the 4TXCB025BC coil that was in the quote. I did notice in the AHRI database that there were some 3rd party coils that brought the SEER & EER up high enough for it to qualify. However, all I looked at were marked as discontinued.

Would anyone here consider a 3rd party coil?

Are there any available 3rd party coils that would bring the XL16i up where it would qualify?

How would this effect the factory warranty on the rest of the equipment?

I don't need a 95% furnace by any means. My highest gas bill this winter has been $97 (that's the actual gas charge excluding all the junk fees & taxes), so I would be going with a 80% variable speed furnace. If I get the tax credit, it would have to be based on the AC unit and not the furnace.

Just being sceptical,but how can a smaller coil increase the efficiency? My guess is that the numbers are doctored. Remember that ARI and GAMA are paid for by the equipment manufacturers. The important numbers are the EER and COP for heat pumps.
    You could have them install a heat pump, Trane's XL-15i will meet the requirements and be more efficient then the 16i.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do.".... Jerry Garcia
    "You just have to decide if you're a Tigger or an Eeyore,..I think you know where I stand on the great Tigger/Eeyore debate." Prof. Randy Pausch

I have to agree with the above suggestion on the XL15i. What kind of ratings can you get with the XL15i over the XL16i?

Look at ARI # 1419077, I don't see anything with the XL 16i and a coil that matches.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do.".... Jerry Garcia
    "You just have to decide if you're a Tigger or an Eeyore,..I think you know where I stand on the great Tigger/Eeyore debate." Prof. Randy Pausch

The XL15i has higher EER but a slightly lower SEER in most cases, but it's enough to meet the fed requiremnts, where the XL16i doesn't. In the same size, the XL15i also has a higher capacity.

Paired with the Visionpro IAQ thermostat and wired corretly, you can reduce the blower fan speed on hte air handler for better dehumidifications when needed.