Can Lights In Return Air !!????? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All areas are going to have slightly different codes and even different opinions between the inspectors. There is very little if any consistency, the almighty "CODE" and inspection thing really doesn't mean much in a lot of areas. As long as they get their permit fee, that is all that matters. Some areas are stict, but a lot less than you would think. They will worry more about a crooked grill than no drain line run.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    I like it when they cut a hole in each side of the duct and run the line through it.
    Oh they loved me...once the super said whoever gets there first has the right of way, I'd blow on ahead with my trunk on the next floor, then come back and cut my lines in at my leisure. They'd have to run under me, notching every bulkhead along the way
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

the ones i have ran into hate cutting and threading pipe. They want everything prefabricated. I saw one throw a total temper tantrum because he had to get the pipe threader off his truck. Electricians got threw first..about 5ft of conduit runs in HIS way.

NEC300-22(b) is applicable = ... devices shall be permitted within such ducts ... only if necessarf for therir direct action upon, or sensing of, the contained air. ...
    harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!

Call your local building inspectors office and pose the question to them.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Thanks again everyone for all the advice!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12