Under the brilliant Midwestern Moon or Sun (depending on time of day).

Question 2004 AmStd Evap Coil ... TXA-030C4HPCO ... can it work with High-E Furnace???

Evap Coil 2004 AmStd ... TXA-030C4HPCO ... 4103TBT50(or G) ....

----------
    A/C AmStd Allegiance 11 2.5 ton ... Model # 2A7A1030A 1000AA (per sticker) Mfd date July 2004 R-22 coolant ... Split System ... 1440 Sq. ft. Home
    -----------------------------

Greetings.

The coil #'s are accurate I believe. But were impossible to see (no door on coil to open), without several hours of work using a small mirror taped to the end of a bent hanger, using a flashlight, & videoing it by zooming, & then replayed it.

Can a R410 refrigerant TXV be properly installed & used on this coil?

Can this coil even use R410?

If yes, would the appropriate TXV be ... "4AYTXVH3D1831A" ... or is there a better suited one to use?

Am I correct that this is a 30,000 BTU coil?

Can this coil fully operate with a Trane XV95 ComfortR & an appropriate Tstat, that includes additional humidity control?

Would new refrigerant lines have to be run?

What else should I be concerned about?

Thank You.

While you could use this coil with R410a TXV, it is a bit small for a higher SEER unit. If you have to replace the outdoor unit, I'd just get the matched 4TXC coil and get the full efficiency of whatever you choose outside. Or you can keep the current cooling system and just replace the furnace. The old lines can be flushed or if short, just replace. Price of copper is way down.

Question

Thanks for the help on my questions.

That is good news. We can't afford to replace A/C until one is needed though unfortunately.

I was reading some online info, & I may be misunderstanding parts of it, but I'm curious about it as follows.

A posting: ... The proper R410 lineset size (over 1 and 1/8th inch) ..... And a proper sized R22 lineset (7/8ths) ....

Question: Is this accurate that different lineset sizes apply depending on which refrigerant is used?
    Or does that lineset size only matter depending on the "Coil" size instead. I'm confused?

Also, if we went ahead & had lineset replaced now, would that solve our needing to have it replaced a few years later on when installing a new A/C & Coil?

With getting a new High-E furnace, TXV & R410a (for coil) ... if there's actual reasons that it would be more prudent to change the lineset too ... for presently improving coil function etc., or for possibly preventing the need to install lineset "later" with new A/C & coil ... that would be a real consideration for us.

But I don't know the answers to this. What does anyone think about this?

The distance from A/C to Coil for lineset is around 24'.

Thanks so much.

First I'm somewhat confused at what you are doing. I think you are looking at a furnace replacement right now and possibly A/C later. If this is the case leave the evap coil and the condenser alone for now, just change out the furnace. Always replace lineset when you have the option to when changing refrigerants. (At the same time as the A/C) Line size is determined by evap coil and condenser of the manufacturer. I hope you are having a professional do this work so you don't void warranties!

BBagley,

I'm so sorry as to not provide a more defining explanation of what I'm planning.

New High-E furnace only ... I'm only planning to have something like the 2-stage/v.speed Trane XV95 installed (by professionals, I will not do any of the work) ... I'm trying to understand ahead of time just what needs to be done to otherwise accommodate this new furnace & new Tstat.

Thusly I've learned that refrigerant changes are needed et cetera plus related issues.

I'm very much still puzzled on when linesets are actually "required" to be replaced, versus optional.

Let's say down the road, after already having a new High-E furnace installed previously, I then upgrade to a new higher SEER A/C single stage & Coil (with the refrigerant staying the same before & after new A/C ... i.e., R410a), would I still need to replace Lineset?

If so, that would be sooo expensive to replace my Lineset both now (when getting High-E furnace/ & R410a replacing R-22/ & getting TXV), but also to replace Lineset then again when installing new A/C & Coil (using same refrigerant).

Please bear with me on this. And I sooo appreciate those who help me to understand this more properly, very much. Thank you, thank you.
    This conversation may indeed answer questions for various other readers as time goes by as well.

But I'm just thinking out loud here, if it will be required to redo Lineset later with new A/C & Coil, but it's optional right now w/new furnace, then I think $$ wise, I might as well wait til new A/C 5 years later, to do new Lineset.

I'm just trying to really understand this. It's not clear to me.

I only hope to replace my Lineset once, if it's at all possible & safe to do.

And if we change the Lineset now along with new furnace, R410a, & TXV ... and not need to replace Lineset later with new A/C ... that's what we would want to do. (Because I understand that it's safer (although maybe optional) to replace Lineset when changing refrigerant.)

Based on the size of or 1440 sq. ft. single story home & knowing the distance from A/C to Coil for lineset is around 24', maybe this info is helpful for the questions posed here.

Thanks to those who might know additional answers.

Hope my questions help someone else out there.

Thank You.

Evap Coil 2004 AmStd ... TXA-030C4HPCO ... 4103TBT50(or G) .... distance from A/C to Coil for lineset is around 24'.
    ----------
    A/C AmStd Allegiance 11 2.5 ton ... Model # 2A7A1030A 1000AA (per sticker) Mfd date July 2004 R-22 coolant ... Split System ... 1440 Sq. ft. Home

I think we are getting off track here. Go ahead and replace your furnace for now, the new furnace and thermostat will work with the old A/C. A few years down the road then replace the evap coil, condenser and lineset all at once, no need to just replace lineset right now with the furnace. Replacing the lineset is just good practice on a new system so you don't have old contaminants in the system. Hope this helps.

BBagley,

So kind of you to help me some more. Bless you for your patience as I try to grasp lineset scenarios.

And in finalizing my understanding on the lineset:
    My understanding of the point you've made is that ... irregardless of whether I do replace lineset presently or not ... I will still need to replace lineset later with new A/C & Coil, period.

Is this accurate?

Or is it feasible that if replacing lineset today, it would not need replaced later when new A/C & Coil is installed?

This forum is certainly helpful to guys like me trying to nail down a learning-curve on such issues.

Thank You.

Evap Coil 2004 AmStd ... TXA-030C4HPCO ... 4103TBT50(or G) .... distance from A/C to Coil for lineset is around or under 24'.
    ----------
    A/C AmStd Allegiance 11 2.5 ton ... Model # 2A7A1030A 1000AA (per sticker) Mfg. date July 2004 R-22 coolant ... Split System ... 1440 Sq. ft. Home