Contractor Issues

Okay I have to share my experience with this contractor. Has a great reputation on BBB and Angie's list, I've had some repair work done and they have been very professional. This time I'm shopping for a new unit.

They quote me a Carrier Professional 15 SEER A/C with HybridHeat (heat pump). I do some more research, and finally (about a month later) decide to get it. When I ask them to update the quote and send it to me, I notice that the A/C is now a Carrier Comfort 13 SEER with heat pump, though the price is the same.

I call to ask about this, and am told that Carrier had just recently introduced the Professional 15 SEER line, so when they sent me the original quote for the Professional 15, they would actually have installed the Comfort 13. Of course, if I want the Professional 15 now, I can get it for about 20% more.

I guess I should start looking for a new contractor.

Quote Originally Posted by megawhizz View Post
    Okay I have to share my experience with this contractor. Has a great reputation on BBB and Angie's list.
    Well now he can be put on the BS list, that's the list most folks can't find company's on,
    and that's the most important list.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Wow... the Carrier "professional series"? Sure it wasn't "Performance" series? Do some research on the Carrier residential website. Carrier has 4 levels. Base (builder grade junk), Comfort, Performance, and Infinity. That's it!

Sounds like a little bait and switch with the pricing to me. I'd start shopping around.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    Wow... the Carrier "professional series"? Sure it wasn't "Performance" series? Do some research on the Carrier residential website. Carrier has 4 levels. Base (builder grade junk), Comfort, Performance, and Infinity. That's it!

Sounds like a little bait and switch with the pricing to me. I'd start shopping around.
    Right it was the Performance series, sorry my bad