Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

parking cones ???

anyone using parking cones around their trucks/ vans when they park? i saw that most of the local cable tv service trucks set one in the front and one in the rear. it got my attention when i saw it being used. is there do's and dont's for them? i wonder too has anyone set a cone done there work and come back and the cone was stolen?

it's real fun to watch them fly off the front of your truck when doing eighty down the interstate
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

We have to use them around town to avoid parking tickets. If we park in 2-hour parking or on a sidewalk, and have the cones out, we can stay as long as necessay to do whatever we are doing. It's also a good idea when there are kids around because it makes you walk all the way around the truck before leaving.

not here. if you don't feed the money sucking machine or spend an hour getting a pass a the poopoo dept. you are going to get a parking ticket
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Dude please dont start that trend in my town
    if you start camping out at jobs
    next thing you know we will all have to do it

O H
    I remember my first day,It was fun!

We use them when we rent a crane for a RTU change out/install.Really does not do any good,idiots still walk under the unit.

I O
    i see plumbers, cable guys even the phone company using them. i think it looks like a good idea. spray paint stencil your company name and phone number on them and put them out there.

Cable company does it here, and I think the phone company too.

Surprised we don't to be honest. I don't think it's a bad idea, but I'm sure I'd drive off a few times before I remembered them.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    it's real fun to watch them fly off the front of your truck when doing eighty down the interstate
    ...my truck will do eighty only with help of tornado - or while driving off cliff

[QUOTE=amickracing;2761272]Cable company does it here, and I think the phone company too.

Surprised we don't to be honest. I don't think it's a bad idea, but I'm sure I'd drive off a few times before I remembered them.[/QUO

Maybe tie a small rope to the cones and close it in the back door of the truck,
    that'll help to remember it when putting your stuff back in the truck at the end of calls.

[QUOTE=James3703;2771212]
    Quote Originally Posted by amickracing View Post
    Maybe tie a small rope to the cones and close it in the back door of the truck,
    that'll help to remember it when putting your stuff back in the truck at the end of calls.
    no he will just drive off trailing the cones behind like he just got hitched
    No guts no glory, no brains same story.

We used to do that to avoid parking tickets, also had an orange strobe that folded out from inside the back door of the truck on a home made bracket. It worked for a while then they started ticketing us again. The cable companies still do this, can park all day, into the rush hour and not a single ticket. Think I figured it out, does anyone know where I can get large ESPN Decals?

not to de-rail the post....most cities give cable companies exclusive rights to cover the city..the cable company in turn pays the city a licensing fee..that's why no tickets, they pay the city threw the back door already. (Indiana banned this..i have FiOS now)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast