Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Food Network

Food Network

Most of the people fetured on this chanel really don't cook the way I do or the stuff I like.
    There is this one guy that I think does good. Tyler Florence. His show is called The Ultimate and he creates some foods I like. Hearty stuff. All nationalties. Anyone watch this?
    Tracers work both ways.

i like to watch Good Eats...its normal food..plus he explains why to cook a certain way, not just this is how its done. A whole show on cabbage last night.Usual the shows center around one main ingredient and not a entire meal.

diners dives and drive inns with that spiked hair feller
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Gotta agree on DINNERS, DRIVE -INS, AND DIVES

Wish I had his job

diners,drive inn's and dives gets my vote,those are local restaurants that anyone could go to,and Guy is a cool dude,I could totally see myself having a beer at the bar with him.

that's a good show...but what do you watch to get new recipes or new techniques?

Yeah, that Tyler has some good ones, I was thinking about trying his buttermilk batter fried chicken recipe.

Or was that Bobby Flay?....hmmmm

that's a good show...but what do you watch to get new recipes or new techniques?

Anything with Bobby Flay

Quote Originally Posted by 2hot2coolme View Post
    Yeah, that Tyler has some good ones, I was thinking about trying his buttermilk batter fried chicken recipe.

Or was that Bobby Flay?....hmmmm
    No, it was good eats. I tried the recipe and it was excellent. I've since done it minus the buttermilk marinade and used a mexican citrus marinade instead and it was good as well. I add a bit of baking powder to the flour mix.

You have to be real careful pan oil frying though. One time I was flipping a big piece and it slipped from the tongs and splashed me with hot oil. Not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartj91 View Post
    diners,drive inn's and dives gets my vote,those are local restaurants that anyone could go to,and Guy is a cool dude,I could totally see myself having a beer at the bar with him.
    I met him at the Outback restaurant in my home town here in Florida. He is pretty cool. I wasnt sure if was him til i saw the sun glasses on the back of his head.

Paula Dean
    darn good southern cooking
    and Rachel Rays hips
    if she keeps her yap shut

I guess what I like about Tyler's show is good straight talk on cooking, no showboating (Guy), no band Emeril) no evident self promotion (Rachel) But that's just me. I miss Julia I guess. For me it's school.
    I'm DIY. so I need a good teacher. I also like Mexican cooking with Rick Bayless on PBS.

Did I mention Spotts?
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by iron View Post
    Paula Dean
    darn good southern cooking
    and Rachel Rays hips
    if she keeps her yap shut
    i agree if she kept her mouth shut she would be good.
    i watch foodnetwork all the time,i like most of the chefs on there,on weekends i cook using recipes from food network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast