Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    True on that.

The requirements for a heat pump to qualify for the Tax Credit are less stringent than straight a/c.

Heat pump: 15 SEER, 12.5 EER, 8.5 HSPF
    Straight a/c: 16 SEER, 13 EER.

That 13 EER is going to be tough for many high-end straight a/c systems to achieve.

The heat pump ratings look easier to achieve.

A 4-ton 14 SEER Goodman heat pump will qualify with the proper air handler. A 5-ton 14 SEER Goodman would not qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    A 5-ton 14 SEER Goodman would not qualify.
    My question would be, Is there "ANY" 5-ton systems out there period that do?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

So, do you think it will affect consumer behavior? Is the $1500 enough to influence the buyer?

Quote Originally Posted by louiee View Post
    So, do you think it will affect consumer behavior? Is the $1500 enough to influence the buyer?

As a consumer, YES. I was only casually thinking about it and did not seriously think about it until the credit.

However, it's a mess. It took me a lot of work to find out that virtually no 4 ton split ACs even with variable speed furnaces would qualify with OEM coils.

That being said, the credit will most likely incent me to buy this year and more efficient stuff than say 1 to 2 years from now. I will probably buy a 95% AFUE furnace with AC. So it did it's job and I hope in a very small way can help contribute to saving jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    My question would be, Is there "ANY" 5-ton systems out there period that do?
    Does this qualify?

arirefnumber OEMTradeName OutdoorUnitOEMName ModelNumber CoilModelNumber Capacity95FHigh EER95F SEER TierValue ARIType
    566412 XC21 SERIES LENNOX INDUSTRIES, INC. XC21-060-230* (2) CBX32MV-036-230* 61500 13.25 16.40 CEE Tier 3 (Advanced) RCU-A-CB

I ask to see if I am using the CEE directory properly. (It's the only 5 ton split system with OEM coil in the database)

Quote Originally Posted by noobs View Post
    .It took me a lot of work to find out that virtually no 4 ton split ACs even with variable speed furnaces would qualify with OEM coils.

I know RUUD only has 2 here are the ARI ref #'s 3260153-3260154 and these may not even posted yet, these are direct from RUUD.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Louiee, $1500.00 should be good enough to influence anyone rich or poor "now days" it's not the $1500.00, it's the amount of dollars they will be spending on the system that will qualify, it's going to be high dollar. Also remember this Tax Credit will also go against your Tax liability. Some say the dealer rebate programs along with the Tax Credit would make your purchase a little less painful, well I know how the dealer rebate works and has worked for years, it's still the same, I will not explain this or how it works, but I am sure you can Google it and find out. Bottom line unless your buying low end cheaper equipment, you will be initially paying out the tail end to purchase this qualifying system up front. For the record, I am not condemning this Tax Credit, I think it's great! if your rich.

Also remember this Tax Credit will also go against your Tax liability.
    Please explain this in more detail?

Thanks,
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by rossb View Post
    Please explain this in more detail?

Thanks,
    Ross

If you owe money already, you will not be getting your $1500.00.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    In our market area,yes,and we have seen it since two days after the bill was signed.

First,there are different products and prices in various areas of the country,some areas the tax credit works better for, then others.

Second is the mind set of the contractors that reply here,some only see obstacles others have seen opportunity,shouldn't be hard for you to tell the difference,and factor that in.

We have Carrier Heat pumps,2 through 4 tons in Comfort,Performance and Infinity Series ,though we don't have many 1.5 and 5 ton system in the area,they'll likely have these in a few months,one model only misses the EER by .01 EER.

There are other brands that have 1.5 and 5 ton heat pumps that qualify today,look it up on the ARI site.

The only negative ,we have seen ,if there is one is were are selling a little less of the Infinities and more of the Comfort Series then last year,hoping that will change SO,but could be a factor in whatever you supply.

We haven't sold a non-qualifying split system since two days after the bill was signed,and believe it or not, sales are strong.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    .First,there are different products and prices in various areas of the country,some areas the tax credit works better for, then others.

Second is the mind set of the contractors that reply here,some only see obstacles others have seen opportunity,shouldn't be hard for you to tell the difference,and factor that in.
    To most "logical" folks this would be an oxymoron.

But Mr. Bill is able to rejoice in your prosperity.

If you owe money already, you will not be getting your $1500.00.
    That's what I thought you were saying. But from my perspective, whether it's $1500 going into my pocket or $1500 not coming out of my pocket...it's all the same.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast