goodman and irs tax credits

goodman and irs tax credits

Will a 14 seer ssz and variable speed air handler qualify for the IRS tax credit? I was told by my contractor that it did not and that it had to be the aspf multi-speed airhandler to qualify. I have a 4 ton heat pump.

Quote Originally Posted by jlandry_indians View Post
    Will a 14 seer ssz and variable speed air handler qualify for the IRS tax credit? I was told by my contractor that it did not and that it had to be the aspf multi-speed airhandler to qualify. I have a 4 ton heat pump.
    The IRS tax credits for a split system heat pump are 15 SEER, 12.5 EER, 8.5 HSPF. All 3 criteria must be met.

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...tax_credits#c3

The 4 ton Goodman SSZ heat pump meets that criteria when combined with either the variable speed AEPF air handler or the multi-speed ASPF air handler.

Check for yourself and educate your contractor. Go to www.GoodmanMFG.com. Click on "products", then "heat pumps" then "SSZ 14 SEER", then "technical specifications" at the bottom. Scroll to page 30 of the tech specs. The SSZ14048 4 ton heat pump condenser combined with the AEPF4260 variable speed air handler is rated at 15 SEER, 13 EER, 8.75 HSPF. The ASPF 4260 multipeed air handler gets the exact same efficiency numbers.

Good luck.

Thanks Gary for the info. The contractor had already installed the air handler because he was misinformed by Goodman. He will be coming back to install the corect one (variable speed) as soon as the weather clears up.

Who in their right mind would say a PSC blower air handler would qualify before an ECM blower air handler? Glad to hear your contractor is being honorable and replacing the air handler.