Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If there isn't enough height toget a slope for drainage, add a condensate pump. Who said water has to move down hill?

dont put a condensate pump in the attic!!!! come winter time you will be freezing the pump reservoir and destroying the mechanism in the pump not including the hose that you will use to pump through. even if you install an electric heat tape you are paying for the electricity the problem is not pumping water it is pitching the drain properly!

Quote Originally Posted by smstooge View Post
    dont put a condensate pump in the attic!!!! come winter time you will be freezing the pump reservoir and destroying the mechanism in the pump not including the hose that you will use to pump through. even if you install an electric heat tape you are paying for the electricity the problem is not pumping water it is pitching the drain properly!
    he is from South Louisiana, it usual does not freeze down there from what i recall

Quote Originally Posted by smstooge View Post
    he's in LA. how cold does it get there, seriously i don't know

damn ya beat me yellow lol

Maybe time to change the humidfier pad? Is it a fan type installed on the supply side? Maybe not getting any water and the pad is dried out?

not sure if he would have a humidifier in south Lousiana.

I'm here in the Bay Area, but lived in L. A. years ago.

L.A. can flirt with frost, but just barely. I don't think anything in an attic
    in L.A. has any danger of freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac-learning View Post
    good hvac guy drain goes up hill? nice sounds like water created scaling effect in a/c coil pan or over flowed pan and acitic water is breaking down galvanized ductwork, or ductwork was already whiting effect and he installed it anyway
    may be scale if there is a humidifier present. Condensate water will have no scale.
    mike

you are right condensate water has no scale, but it is very acitic water and will break down sheetmetal if it lay on it and dries time after time and humidifier pad would cause that same white scaling dust
    GOOD WORK IS NOT CHEAP! AND CHEAP WORK IS NOT GOOD!

IF YOU THINK A GOOD HVAC COMPANY IS EXPENSIVE. THEN YOU SHOULD TRY A BAD ONE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12