+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with TRANE unit

Post Likes

Need help with TRANE unit

Having problem with unit. It had the compressor replaced about a year ago and has not cooled properly in a while.
    It has dual compressors with dual evap and cond coils, Shared blower and fan. Charge is correct, weighed in to specs, I'm not sure about the metering device because the high pressure gas enters a manifold on the entrance to the evap and it doesn't have a txv valve. Sub-cooling good at 10 deg. but super-heat way off...about 35 deg. back pressure around 55-60 psig. I was thinking, well, guessing that the filter may be loaded but there is no temp diff. across it.
    I am a newby to this field and could use some advice....Thanks.

Post Likes
    Did you check the filter?
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    you need to verify the actual psi on each side of drier

had a bad drier without any temp differential couldn't tell until psi was verified
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Air Filter is new.

I will have to sweat fittings to check pressure on each side, So if I have to get torches out, I'll go ahead and change filter/dryer.

Post Likes
    Try changing the drier, if that doesn't do it then you'll need a new evaporator manifold. I would just get a new evap coil and be done with it but, that's when I'm not paying for the coil.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    I agree with otto. If it's a ycd, seen the evap orifices gunked up after a burnout.

Post Likes
    general forum???
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Sorry, this is not a DIY site. So we are not allowed to give out advise of this nature.

Since answering your question in the open Residential Forums would be posting instruction for DIYers that may read this post later.

If your in the trade, get your post count up to 15, and apply for Pro Membership.
    Use this link Apply for Pro Membership

Once accepted, you have access to the pro tech forums. Where you can ask and get answers to technical questions.

Plus, you also have access to the Pro Educational Forums.

All of it is free.

Thank you, for your cooperation.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in