Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: big shops

I work for a small mostly commercial company. Less than 10 techs. Yeah you can see the attitude from some of the guys that work for the huge companies. The good ones don't act like that though. And I have seen attitude from small company guys too, especially if they are older than me and thus assume they know more and do better work.

Another interesting aspect is that in the current economy, with a lot of large manufacturers and plants shutting down, some of these huge HVAC companies that specialized in industrial stuff are having to do more commercial and light commercial work. Funny how they talked down to smaller companies because they worked on bigger and better things and now here they are on the roof next to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch77 View Post
    I work for a small mostly commercial company. Less than 10 techs. Yeah you can see the attitude from some of the guys that work for the huge companies. The good ones don't act like that though. And I have seen attitude from small company guys too, especially if they are older than me and thus assume they know more and do better work.

Another interesting aspect is that in the current economy, with a lot of large manufacturers and plants shutting down, some of these huge HVAC companies that specialized in industrial stuff are having to do more commercial and light commercial work. Funny how they talked down to smaller companies because they worked on bigger and better things and now here they are on the roof next to us.
    yeah!
    they all want my small roof tops now!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

None of you guys are good enough to carry my tools for me

Ok Ok yeah I get the feeling the large shop guys think their shiat don't stink
    and are condensending too. I love their "big talk" at the wholsalers - wankers!

I just don't let on I know as much and in many cases more than they do

yet I stll make the same dough and drive as nice a truck as they do.

its all BS - just do your best at what you do

now did that get ya going :sticktongueout:
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post

that is how they act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Ok yeah I get the feeling the large shop guys think their shiat don't stink
    and are condensending too. I love their "big talk" at the wholsalers - wankers!

I just don't let on I know as much and in many cases more than they do

yet I stll make the same dough and drive as nice a truck as they do.

its all BS - just do your best at what you do

now did that get ya going :sticktongueout:
    i wish i could stay out of the wholesalers

I work for a small company. Boss, secratary, installer, and me. I do service and help the installer occasionaly, and boss does service and install when needed. Those big company guys probably wouldn't even acknowlege my presence. We do a little of everything, but you have to in a smaller community. So supertech, your working for a big shop and I don't think worse of you for it.
    Some people know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mdharris68 View Post
    I work for a small company. Boss, secratary, installer, and me. I do service and help the installer occasionaly, and boss does service and install when needed. Those big company guys probably wouldn't even acknowlege my presence. We do a little of everything, but you have to in a smaller community. So supertech, your working for a big shop and I don't think worse of you for it.
    good point!
    I guess it is all relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Trublshter View Post
    They are sweethearts, whether they be male or female. As a child I grew up with sheppards. The coolest and most protective we ever had we found amongst a litter of pups we found in a junk yard. He was the only one of a litter that would approach us. We took him in and had him checked out at the vets. We had to treat hi feet so we named him " Foots" They are wonderful. I have since only had chocolate labs and they are cool too.
    The Lab Morgan in my avatar is 4 yrs. old. Smart as a whip but she still thinks she's a puppy. When do they grow up?
    Last edited by mcr; 03-15-2009 at 02:58 PM.
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Small here.... 3 techs a maint tech and 2 full install crews. Typical is 5 techs. Made it through last summer with 4. The Larger resi co here has like 10-12 techs. I think we are better than all the companies here. Dont get me wrong... we are not perfect... Heck I AM NOT perfect. I just think we pay more attention to everything then the others. All the bigger commercial companies come down from outta state.
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    Small here.... 3 techs a maint tech and 2 full install crews. Typical is 5 techs. Made it through last summer with 4. The Larger resi co here has like 10-12 techs. I think we are better than all the companies here. Dont get me wrong... we are not perfect... Heck I AM NOT perfect. I just think we pay more attention to everything then the others. All the bigger commercial companies come down from outta state.
    does your big huge polish head and snorkel fit in crawl spaces?

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post

And what makes you think we would even WANT to carry your tools????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by rich pickering View Post
    And what makes you think we would even WANT to carry your tools????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

YEAH,WHAT KIND A TOOLS U USE EEY
    AND WE DO NOT EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE CANADIAN TOOLS EEY
    DID NOT CANADA SEND THOSE THOUSANDS OF TRAINED KAMIKAZE GEESE
    HUH! HUH! HUH !HUH ! HUH ! NINJA TRAINED GEESE TO FLY A SORTIE OVER CAPTAIN SULLY? HUH! HUH! HUH !HUH ! HUH ! uSOMA HAS HIGHLY TRAINED GEESE! THEY ARE BAD ASS! i MEAN IT! THEY WILL F U UP!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN PIGEONS

Name:  bird-fight1.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  30.3 KB HE WILL EAT YOUR ASS OFF

MAYBE THESE GIRLS COULD HOLD YOUR PACKAGE?

THEY ARE FIT
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast