Spyder's Many to one bindings

I want take the avg terminal load of my vavs to reset my discharge air setpoint.

Im trying to do a many to one binding from 8 VAV2's using nvoterminalload.

I created the binding in the nv config view and it added the 8 points (snvt_levpercent) to my wire sheet. I then linked the bindings on the lonnetwork wire sheet between each Vav and the spyder ahu controller. It gives you 3 options min,max,and avg.I connected them to the avg.

I dont understand why it gives me all 8 bindings on my wire sheet if everything is connected to the average. Do i still need to take all 8 into a avg block in my wiresheet or is there a way take just that one avg point?

I used to do this in Care with the nv booster and it all goes to one network variable.

I just tried this today too, and it didn't work. I ended up with separate points for each link. Then again I have never had much luck with fan-in nvi's. Let us know if you figure this out.

another problem i have been having is with the scheduling. Viceman has been helping me out but im still having a few problem.

I noticed my lonworks jar file was 3.3 version. I thought maybe this was the problem since the spyder apps could have installed over my 3.4. I added the 3.4 lonworks jar file off my disc. I then created a new lonnetwork and dragged all my controllers over and deleted the old network.

Still not working.

I added the directlonschedule in the lonnetwork and creaded my nvi_todevent in my spyder. I then generated my nvs and added the current,next and time till next into my points folder. Then i linked them in between the schedules.

I now cannot download the spyder anymore. It fails everytime.There are no errors when i validated it, just some warnings for unused blocks.

I set the facets to lonworks:lonOccupancyEnum. For some reason after i try to download or bind they change to a different range. It goes to ocOccupid=0,OcUnoccupied=1 etc.

This also doesnt seem to be transfereing over onto my controlprogram wire sheet. I have went through the instructions over and over again, im not sure if something was corrupted or if i am missing something.

im downloading it through my usb lon card adapter if that matters. Im able to commission, but not download

Quote Originally Posted by droptchevy View Post
    im downloading it through my usb lon card adapter if that matters. Im able to commission, but not download
    Do you load the program before you try to download? Just display the wiresheet of the application on your screen and it is loaded. I always keep one screen tab on the application.

ok i finally got it to download again. I created a new controller and just would just copy and paste the sections and i deleted the bindings i had, and it finally worked.

I re created the bindings but they are still not updating. In the points folder under my spyder (where i linked from the directlonschedule in the lonnetwork) the current state says In unoccupied, out OccNull ok at 10

next state says in occupied ok
    out occ null ok at 10

my time till next says in 766 min ok
    out is 65535 ok at 10.

Hope one of you guys has an answer ive been messing with this all day. After i downloaded i also bound the NVs.any other steps i missed?

try deleting the schedule and add it again.

also copy and paste is a bad idea in the spyder. it will cause alot of issues.

you need to put your apps in the spyder library and add them to the network from the library. fun controller huh?
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by droptchevy View Post
    another problem i have been having is with the scheduling. Viceman has been helping me out but im still having a few problem.

I noticed my lonworks jar file was 3.3 version. I thought maybe this was the problem since the spyder apps could have installed over my 3.4. I added the 3.4 lonworks jar file off my disc. I then created a new lonnetwork and dragged all my controllers over and deleted the old network.

Still not working.

I added the directlonschedule in the lonnetwork and creaded my nvi_todevent in my spyder. I then generated my nvs and added the current,next and time till next into my points folder. Then i linked them in between the schedules.

I now cannot download the spyder anymore. It fails everytime.There are no errors when i validated it, just some warnings for unused blocks.

I set the facets to lonworks:lonOccupancyEnum. For some reason after i try to download or bind they change to a different range. It goes to ocOccupid=0,OcUnoccupied=1 etc.

This also doesnt seem to be transfereing over onto my controlprogram wire sheet. I have went through the instructions over and over again, im not sure if something was corrupted or if i am missing something.
    Maybe I am misreading your post, but if you use the directlonschedule you dont need to proxy your tuncos points out and link to them. Just link mark the directlonschedule and link straight to the nviTodEvent in the Spyder.
    Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    Maybe I am misreading your post, but if you use the directlonschedule you dont need to proxy your tuncos points out and link to them. Just link mark the directlonschedule and link straight to the nviTodEvent in the Spyder.

maybe i do things the hardway or just crazy but sometimes it won't let me link to the nvitod. i can see it but its grayed out. if i proxy the point out it usually worked for me, so i just kept doing it that way.
    IV IV IX

Lightbulb Grayed out link fix

I have found that in many cases when the LonTodEvent/DirectLonSchedule link is bound to field devices it is not possible to add more members to the group. The link is grayed out and the link dialog reports “cannot link two inputs”.

I try to avoid binding that group until I have added all members. But once linked, you can recommission the LocalLonDevice which sets the link back to “new” (allowing more links to be made).

-John

Droptchevy,

The Spyder Many To One nv does not operate exactly like the CARE booster point. The main differences are the eight connection limit, and the fact that you need to perform the calculation using Spyder math components.

Here are the steps required to perform the terminal load averaging example:

1) Open the Spyder NV Configuration View
    2) Click the Add NV button
    3) Select Many To One NV in the New NV dialog
    4) Assign a Nv Name (i.e. nviTermLdAvg)
    5) Choose the Number Of Bound Input NVs (2-8).
    6) Set the data category for percentage and the Network Data Type to SNVT_lev_percent then click OK.
    7) Locate your newly created nv in the NVs list pane.
    8) Click your newly created nv to highlight it, then click the Show on wiresheet as Points button
    9) Switch from NV Config View to the Wire Sheet view
    10) Locate and arranged your (2-8) software points. There will one point created to represent each possible link.
    11) Add an Average block to the wire sheet.
    12) Link each software point to an Average block input.
    13) (Optional) Add a software output point and link it to the Average output to monitor the average terminal load.
    14) Perform an Actions->Generate NVs on the Spyder
    15) Create a link from each zone to nviTermLdAvg (or whatever name you used) on the Spyder.
    16) Download the Spyder.
    17) Bind.

Other notes:

To perform temperature averaging, select Data Category: Temperature and Network Data Type: SNVT_temp_p in step #6 above.

An MTO is handy when performing an operation like min, max, average, sum, etc. If you plan to use each zone’s data for something else (like Compare) then MTO is not the way to go. There is no mechanism to determine which device is mapped to a particular software input. The relationship is determined arbitrarily when bound.

There is no mechanism to stop you from connecting too many devices to a Spyder MTO input. If you configure the Spyder MTO for 4 input nvs and inadvertently link 5 VAVs the data from one of theVAVs will be discarded.

-John

Quote Originally Posted by jhutchey View Post
    I have found that in many cases when the LonTodEvent/DirectLonSchedule link is bound to field devices it is not possible to add more members to the group. The link is grayed out and the link dialog reports “cannot link two inputs”.

I try to avoid binding that group until I have added all members. But once linked, you can recommission the LocalLonDevice which sets the link back to “new” (allowing more links to be made).

-John

i'll give that a try. feel free to drop in here anytime
    IV IV IX