Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good to see one took the time to do a load calc and impressed you. The 4TEE3F31 is not a front return air handler. May not be necessary; the 4TEE3F31 is not very large. The 4TFE3F25 is and would be a match with the 4TTR3024 (same efficiency ratings -- 12 EER, 14 SEER).

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Good to see one took the time to do a load calc and impressed you. The 4TEE3F31 is not a front return air handler. May not be necessary; the 4TEE3F31 is not very large. The 4TFE3F25 is and would be a match with the 4TTR3024 (same efficiency ratings -- 12 EER, 14 SEER).
    The air handler will be mounted on top of the conditioned space and will have ample room, I assume a front return air handler would typically be the type to be inside a conditioned space? I told the contractor that I was looking for something in the 13seer range as this is a small space that wont always see use so I really dont see the need to go crazy with effiency. He also stated that this system would achieve 14 seer matched with that air handler.

Yes, both air handlers, being variable speed, will achieve 14 SEER with the 13 SEER air conditioner. Front air return units aren't required and are certainly not always used even when directly exposed to the conditioned space. Talk to your contractor and see which one they wants to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic4x4 View Post
    Condenser model # 4TTR3024A1000A
    Air handler model # 4TEE3F31A1000A

I'm not set on Trane, this just happened to be the brand they pushed. Sorry for such a long winded reply..
    You did good Buddy! Trane is good equipment, you should be happy, hope you enjoy many years out of your new system, good to see you got a load calc. that way if your not happy, at least you will have something to blame it on besides the equipment.
    Take Care, and come back and let us know how it all worked out.
    Now, I am going back into the Theater Room and watch my ZZ Top Live in Texas DVD.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Might want to look at getting higher SEER to get the $1500.00 federal tax credit .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12