Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    YJ is not mentioned due to the fact that the Appion is so popular and most don't buy that many recovery units. Why would you go and buy a unit from YJ (who is not a manufacturer) that has lately a track record of selling less than top quality products (sample:digital gauges) when you can buy a great unit from Appion, that is available at many places?

Quote Originally Posted by tostaos View Post
    YJ is not mentioned due to the fact that the Appion is so popular and most don't buy that many recovery units. Why would you go and buy a unit from YJ (who is not a manufacturer) that has lately a track record of selling less than top quality products (sample:digital gauges) when you can buy a great unit from Appion, that is available at many places?
    Very Good point
    If you help others then you are a Success

Hmm

I always thought that YJ was top of the line stuff and wasn't aware of their declining quality. The YJ XLT was only slightly higher in cost than the G5. Have all the products manufactured by YJ gone downhill or only the digital gauges?

YJ does not make digital gauges, they first re badged the digicool the best digital gauges, but I don't think they sold enough of them. (Most techs don't spend that kind of money) Now they sell some cheap copies of them and some solar powered once. You can make a search on this forum and you will find other products with dubious quality record. High price doesn't mean high quality. You start to change from high quality to a medium quality product how can I trust they don't do the same with others? I have a YJ Ratchet Hand Bender made by Rems from Germany. Do they still sell now one of this quality level or do they changed it to a cheap knock off made in China? You tell me? I don't take the chance, I just buy from the source the best.

The G5 is a good machine, but two improvements I would like to see on it are better gauges and 3/8" ports.
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

why would you need better gauges?

why would you need better gauges?
    The gauges on the G5 look like the cheap ones you would find on a 10 dollar fire extinguisher. If they are going to make a quality machine, I'd like to see industry standard refrigeration gauges on it. True, you don't really need them when hooking it up through a manifold, but I'd still like to see better gauges there or nothing at all.
    Low Pressure Forever!

Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

gold plated would be nice too! lol

YJ does not make digital gauges, they first re badged the digicool the best digital gauges, but I don't think they sold enough of them. (Most techs don't spend that kind of money) Now they sell some cheap copies of them and some solar powered once. You can make a search on this forum and you will find other products with dubious quality record. High price doesn't mean high quality. You start to change from high quality to a medium quality product how can I trust they don't do the same with others? I have a YJ Ratchet Hand Bender made by Rems from Germany. Do they still sell now one of this quality level or do they changed it to a cheap knock off made in China? You tell me? I don't take the chance, I just buy from the source the best.
    I use to YJ they seem to have gone with all there stuff Low end. Hose, ball valves recovery, vac pumps and Micron gauges it a shame the use to be good. Then I've been give the Run around by YJ on warranty issue. YJ is just not worth the Trouble. Maybe it new magament.
    If you help others then you are a Success

gold plated would be nice too! lol
    Hey, if you're satisfied with what it comes with, that's great.

If I'm spending 600+ bucks on something, I have the right to voice an opinion about it that the manufacturer should take into consideration.

Maybe it's just a character flaw of mine that I try and hold myself and others to a higher standard than status quo whether it be work ethic, manufacturing practice, or level of training.
    Low Pressure Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by ChillerWisperer View Post
    Hey, if you're satisfied with what it comes with, that's great.
    To me this gauges are not important and adding better once will make the unit even more expensive.

To me this gauges are not important and adding better once will make the unit even more expensive.
    If these built-in gauges are not much good or not very useful, remove them. They will just be traps for contaminates. jt
    jt

They are useful, they just don't need to be precision instruments of top quality.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast