Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any work in The Lower Mainland (Vancouver)

Hey guys, I am a 4th year apprentice looking for work in the Lower Mainland starting in May or so. Right now I live in Edmonton, but the Wife says its time to move back home! I have been working for UA 488 for the last 4.5 months and would like to stay union, but I will consider all jobs. Most of my experience is in light commercial and residential HVAC, and I have a fair bit of Geothermal experience and have helped look after some large commercial buildings. Over my apprenticeship it has pretty much been equal parts service and installs, but I prefer service as I generally find it more challenging. I would be greatful to anyone who can point me in the right direction and give me any leads. Thanks in advance.

sure - lots - call RSL ask em to check the notice boards at rsl carrier etc also call 516 union hall talk to rick cedar ( BA) \

good luck
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

I am also looking at returning to Canada, the lay offs in Portland, OR right now are pretty bad. All of my training, work experience and certifications are US at the moment. Does anyone have advice on where to find the CND equivalents? I doubt my UA local 290 has that kinda info, would the local in Van be the place. Any info would help. Thnx

Thanks, I will try that. The 516 website is very basic, and not particularily helpfull. Is there anywhere I can get a list of union companies in the area? My searches have come up with nothing and Mr. Seder is somewhat difficult to get a hold of.

Quote Originally Posted by penetr8or View Post
    Thanks, I will try that. The 516 website is very basic, and not particularily helpfull. Is there anywhere I can get a list of union companies in the area? My searches have come up with nothing and Mr. Seder is somewhat difficult to get a hold of.
    My hotmail address is the same fire me over an email and i'll send you the one i got from them i went to the union hall and they are absolutly useless.

Sweet. I got 4 interviews tomorrow, 3 union 1 non union. Wish me luck! We'll see what happens!

Man that makes me want to head to BC...

Sweet. I got 4 interviews tomorrow, 3 union 1 non union. Wish me luck! We'll see what happens!
    SO?

Well, I ended up getting a call for another interview, so I had 5 today. I was offered 3 jobs, and im pretty sure another company is interested based on the questions the guys were asking me after the interview was done. Soooo it looks like I have some decisions to make.

Penetr8tor you want some background on what companies you got offers with I would be happy to help if I can. I will send you an email if you want

Well, I ended up getting a call for another interview, so I had 5 today. I was offered 3 jobs, and im pretty sure another company is interested based on the questions the guys were asking me after the interview was done. Soooo it looks like I have some decisions to make.
    lucky sob

musterdman, i sent you a pm.

Never used the pm before but I replied did you get it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast