+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracker 12 CB Help!!!!

Post Likes

Tracker 12 CB Help!!!!

Does anyone know if there is a way to bypass or fool the Tracker's function of taking demand votes for a call for cooling. I have a Trane TCD240 on a constant volume application with a discharge sensor set at 55-degrees. The current VAV's are pneumatic with dampers, electric reheat and reheat fans. We are starting what will be a year long project of replacing all the VAV's with new Trane VAV's. The building owner has requested an automation system to integrate in with the new VAV's. Problem is, if I install the Tracker right now it will be controlling the call for cool based upon the demand votes of only three new vav's. The system has approximately 18-zones. I need to continue controlling my RTU by discharge air untill all zones are replaced and can vote equally. I am a bit confused as my distributor tech has told me that the demand votes only account with a true VAV set-up (Cool & Heat in the RTU) and that sense our RTU has no heat there may be a way to bypass or fool the system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am fairly new to the automation side of our industry.

Thank You!

Post Likes
    That kinda stinks man.
    Are you using a relay board or Comm4 to the unit?
    Temporary in the 15 other UCM boards with wall sensors
    only for the remaining zones - or use multiple zone sensors
    in series/parallel to average 4 or more zones onto one UCM.

Post Likes
    Havent done either yet. My TM recommended a TCI Board and CCP with a Comm5 back to the Tracker panel. Your right though, it is a crummy situation to work with. I have really been pushing him hard to let me replace all zones together and we wouldnt have this problem, but you know how that can go.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Post Likes
    Well a CCP can be setup as a delivered vav system which would be what you want. It does normal DAT 55 and lets the boxes reheat on their own, no voting system at all. But you need a unit that would report back to the ccp that it has a vfd for that to work. Since you have a normal CV unit then im not sure how you would fake it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scrooloose View Post
    Well a CCP can be setup as a delivered vav system which would be what you want. It does normal DAT 55 and lets the boxes reheat on their own, no voting system at all. But you need a unit that would report back to the ccp that it has a vfd for that to work. Since you have a normal CV unit then im not sure how you would fake it.
    I actually ordered Yaskawa VFD's for this system before the whole automation possibility was brought up. I have held off on puting in the VFD on the recommendation of my distributor. He tells me to substitue a Trane bypass (Tracker Compatible) instead of the VFD and that the VFD can be a programming and potential service nightmare in the event of a failure during Texas summer. If the CCP can be set-up that way then I should be good, assuming that my TM is correct and the Trane bypass will communicate and maintain static pressure. Also, he tells me that in worst case scenario I can still order the Trane VAV's with DDC controls and operate them just fine with out the Tracker system but still having the proper VAV controls set-up for integrating the Tracker after the final VAV for that zone has been replaced.

dts2620 is offline Professional Member-BM-bad email, server rejected
    Post Likes
    You can install one VAV that is only connected electricly and set the wall sensor to call for cooling continiously. This will make the CCP control to the discharge air set point in the program until that single zone is statisfed. You may have to change the change off number of calls from two to one. As for the VFD, I would stick with the bypass damper. The bypass prevents freeze ups by keeping the air over the evap constant volume. The Trane CB control system is nearly bullet proof when installed correctly.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in