Trane model number? furnances

Hi, can anyone help me out here. We are in the process of hiring a contractor to replace our heatiing and cooling systems. Does anyone knows how to read the model number TRANE XV95TUHC100R9V4 (furnane) and TRANE XR13 4TTR3042A1000 (air conditioner). What do those letters and numbers represent?

I did not find those model numbers on Trane's website. Wondering are they older models?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
    Last edited by beenthere; 03-09-2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Removed price question

Quote Originally Posted by MEEKO3020 View Post
    Hi, can anyone help me out here. We are in the process of hiring a contractor to replace our heatiing and cooling systems. Does anyone knows how to read the model number TRANE XV95TUHC100R9V4 (furnane) and TRANE XR13 4TTR3042A1000 (air conditioner). What do those letters and numbers represent?

I did not find those model numbers on Trane's website. Wondering are they older models?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
    Please read Site Rules , Thank you.

No pricing questions allowed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

13 year old Trane Air Conditioner

Hello,

My 13 year old Trane air conditioner (installed in '96) evaporator coil pan needs to be replaced. We have a home warranty, but the warranty will only cover the part and labor...not any modifications that need to be made to the steel unit for the new part. I'm told by the HVAC repair company that it will cost *me*$ to modify the unit to take out the old coil and install the new coil. Does this sound right? From what they told me, the part has gotten larger over the years and they will need to make the new part fit into my steel unit...thus the reason for the $ charge.

When asked why can't they simply find an older evaporator coil pan, they told me there is no specific part number for this unit and that they would order a generic 2 ton a/c evap coil.

My Trane model # is: TTP018C100A2 and my serial number is: L26340Kff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-10-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Removed price.

I removed your pricing.

No prices in post, please read site rules, thank you.

Best to start your own thread.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

ask your insurance co for a cash out offer that is the amount they will pay to have the job done take the money and apply it plus the difference for a new coil