+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quadra-Fire Castile Starting Problem

Post Likes

Question Quadra-Fire Castile Starting Problem

Hi, I have a Castile pellet insert, that has been acting up and now won't start, any suggestions? I have had this unit for 4 years now and this is first major problem.
    Issue:
    Auger won't start to feed pellets, I was able to start it a couple of days ago by pressing reset several time, but now it won't do anything.
    The exhaust fan starts and igniter seems to operate normally, but auger doesn't feed pellets into hopper. I reset power, and checked fuses and snap discs, with no luck.I clean the stove regularly. I had the chimney pipe cleaned this year also.

Post Likes
    Call a reputable company in your area to have it checked.

Post Likes
    This section is really is something to think about. Instead of allowing people to post why not simply let them choose from the following:

No DIY.
    Consult your homeowners manual.
    Write a letter to the manufacturer.
    Call a professional to take a look at it.

(which is really funny because there are precious few "professionals" in this area which is why guys need to find sites like this and ask those questions.)

That way, nobody gets themselves in any potential liable situation and you can just wrap this section up and move it somewhere where only "professionals" can see it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jn1957 View Post
    Hi, I have a Castile pellet insert, that has been acting up and now won't start, any suggestions? I have had this unit for 4 years now and this is first major problem.
    Issue:
    Auger won't start to feed pellets, I was able to start it a couple of days ago by pressing reset several time, but now it won't do anything.
    The exhaust fan starts and igniter seems to operate normally, but auger doesn't feed pellets into hopper. I reset power, and checked fuses and snap discs, with no luck.I clean the stove regularly. I had the chimney pipe cleaned this year also.
    No DIY. Please consult your manual. In your manual you will find a diagram. In this diagram there is a pressure switch and high limit that prevent the auger from moving. Please have your professional* check that the exhaust blower motor is not running slow or obstructed. Please have your professional* check the temperature of the limit switch to make sure at what temperature it trips out on and that it is working correctly. Please have your professional* check the auger motor for obstructions or failure. Consulting your owners manual please follow the cleaning recommendations in the unit. If you have any questions on the firepot or flame sensor and ignitor please have your professional* answer them.

Make sure the "professional" you call has a voltage meter, a manometer, flue gas tester, and various temperature sensing devices. If he lacks any of these tools the person is not a professional. Please contact the manufacturer for what it takes to actually get a professional.

*In no way am I endorsing anyone in this industry as professional. I find only about 5 individuals, one of which is retired in the Seattle area. I wish you good luck as you certainly will need that. Also, if any directions are not contained in your homeowners manual do not attempt to go outside those instructions.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    (which is really funny because there are precious few "professionals" in this area which is why guys need to find sites like this and ask those questions.)

Sorry, but that is not what this site is for, to answer, in the public forums, how, or what to do if something is not working.

Post Likes
    Sorry, no DIY here.

Your best option is probably to call a professional to repair the equipment, but reading through the instruction manual might be worth a try first. If a repairman can't find the proble, a letter to the manufacturer might be worthwhile.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in