Question Geocomfort vs Waterfurnace

Can any of the pro installers tell me if there are any big advantages or disadvantages to either one of these product lines. I'm building a new 7,500 sq ft house with radiant floor heat in walk-out finished basement and on first floor. Only two HVAC contractors in my area do geothermal. Their bids are similar in price. One uses Geocomfort and one uses Waterfurnace. I know about the 3rd party warranty on Geocomfort. Has that changed recently? Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Moved to residential geo forum.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I would choose the contractor with the most experience and personal references.
    Some people know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

I went from Geocomfort to Waterfurnace because of warranty and there pcb.

Geocomfort vs. Water Furnace

I'm sorry to be the next Johnny-come-lately... but I'm wondering if there were any more posts or opinions pertaining to Pablo1128's inquiry. I am weighing the benefits of a geothermal system and wondering if any of the pros have reason to recommend Geocomfort over Water Furnace (or vice versa).

Your input, feedback, recommendations will be appreciated.

GeoComfort has a new line out now that is pretty interesting.
    The coaxial coil is in the bottom enclosed in insulation.

I have noticed the Geocomfort unit puts out a bit more BTU than waterfurnace. Don't confuse this for COP's as the GeoComfort may not be as high.

Sometimes the higher output can keep you down a size vs the next unit.

Both are very good units.

My company has been installing WaterFurnace in Knoxville, TN for almost 3 years now, they are an excellent unit. Also there support and service to the installer and home owner is amazing. I would definately recomend the WaterFurnace. Check out the dealer too. Find out what kind of training and certifications they have, make sure they know how to install a geo unit properly. A good unit installed wrong turns into a bad unit very quickly

Find out what kind of training and certifications they have, make sure they know how to install a geo unit properly. A good unit installed wrong turns into a bad unit very quickly

That's some very good advice!

thanks for the input

thanks for the input. the remark about checking out your contract seems to be easy-to-overlook-but-EXCELLENT advise.

i appreciate the feedback about the two systems.

geocomfort makes good quality products, have put several in.