I very much respect the opinions of the posters in this forum so I am asking for some advice...I just purchased a home in South Florida. There is visible mold on the drywall behind the air handler in a hall closet. We are planning to have the unit removed and cleaned. Furthermore, we are planning to have the affected drywall removed and replaced. We've been told that the mold is from the airhandler sweating onto the drywall since it's a very tight space.
I'm afraid that putting the unit back in the new closet will create the same condition and that we will have another mold situation in a few years.
Is there anything we can do to prevent this from recurring? Is there something we can do to the unit or the drywall to prevent mold from growing again?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I value the knowledge in this forum!