Simple question ... does Trane Pub. No. 22-1813-03 apply "only" to HeatPumps?
    Under the brilliant Midwestern Moon or Sun (depending on time of day).

Question Simple question ... does Trane Pub. No. 22-1813-03 apply "only" to HeatPumps?

Does Trane Pub. No. 22-1813-03 apply also to A/C Condenser (split) systems?

Thanks

I'm posting the link so others here know what you're talking about: http://trane.com/CPS/Uploads/UserFil...3_09012008.pdf

Not sure what you mean "apply to" heat pumps only? The 2/4TXC coils are used with both air conditioners and heat pumps.

You indeed helped answer my question, simple as it was. I'm new to reading HVAC things & about Coils et cetera.

But for further explanation & for other readers, the title of the publication in question is as follows:

Aluminum Cased and Uncased
    Heat Pump / Cooling Coils
    1 1/2 - 5 Ton

2/4TXA, 2/4TXC, 4TXC-CC
    Heat Pump /Cooling Coils for R-22 and R-410A

And where it says "Heat Pump / Cooling Coils" ... I simply wasn't clear if it meant ... the cooling coil of the heat pump, or more properly ... heat pumps and cooling coils.

That was elementary I know. But thank you indeed for helping me to learn.

I think the wording in the heading of the document is unclear myself, so if I provided misinformation hopefully someone will clarify.

However I can tell you that the model number 4TXCB036BC3, for example, is a rated match on the AHRI database with both a heat pump and an air conditioner. The letters after the "BC3" may designate further info regarding the setup. So indeed the 2/4TXC coils are used with both heat pumps and air conditioners. Yes, I'm just thinking, or typing rather, out loud.

I do wonder about something else to though, if anyone out there knows. Which is:

Is there a newer version of Trane Pub. No. 22-1813-03 that's out now, or is that the the most recent publication for those coils?

Hmmm.

Per my other posting (link below if interested), my present system setup likely has one of the following basic coils, with the two bolded ones most likely ... TXA-C, TXC-C, or TXC-S.

I have not torn into my coil box yet to identify it specifically. It doesn't have a door, but it is taped up w/screws on part of sheet metal. Been holding off on that, I have severe arthritis.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=238892