HVAC Filtration

Thread: HVAC Filtration

HVAC Filtration

Is there any HVAC device/filter effective for filtering tobacco smoke oders? Like a UV system installed in the AHU?

A large portion of the lingering odor stays on fabrics, walls, and other surfaces that the smoke settles on.

A carbon filter.
    And a fresh air intake.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    A carbon filter.
    And a fresh air intake.
    Well, we bought cut to fit carbon filters for the returns and installed them tonight. They were bought from a big box store and claim to last for 90 day's. If these are too restrictive, please let me know.

I'm the only smoker in my house, it seems the easy solution is for me to quit smoking. grr

To be honest, I'm tired of hearing the family ***** about the smoke smell in the house. I've tried many room hepa type air filters, nothing seems to work. Guess I'm headed for the garage for now on.

Thank you guy's for the NO help, for my bad habit anyway! The wife read this thread and said:

"see, nothing blocks that stink, and you said that you would ask that air conditioning site about tobacco smoke filters, and look what they said"

I think she read James80031's post and I read BT's.

Years ago Honeywell had cool demo's of Electronic Air Cleaners scrubbing smoke out of a plexiglass box, very impressive. Real world I'm still waiting to reproduce results that good. Put an EAC in my in-laws place so when they watched the kids it would scrub the smoke, results not so hot.

Smoke eaters used to be popular in bars, but the effect wasn't dramatic. The did load tons of gunk that made cleaning a pain, helped reinforce my decision to quit years ago.