Contractor swapped Condensing unit

Contractor swapped Condensing unit

As stated in earlier post's, I'm having a 3 ton 14 SEER HP installed this weekend.

The equipment was Goodman model SSZ14031 condensing unit with matching AHU model AEPF303616. He delivered the the equipment today for tomorow's install. The issue is, the condsensing unit is not the SSZ14031. It's an Amana ASZ140361. The AHU P/N is stil the goodman AEPF303616.

The installer say's it's an "upgrade". That the price of the install would remain the same. I assume that's a good thing. My understang is that Goodman/Amana are related?

What is the difference between the condensing unit's?

With the original goodman part's I could go to the ARI sight and get a ARI-Certified Performance certicicate that I could print for the tax credit.

With the ARI number the contractor gave me 1077417, I could not find anything on the ARI sight using this number in the search box. Can any one tell me if this is a certified match for the ARI certificate?

Try 1277881 on AHRI

The Amana is definitely a great upgrade. Quieter, more compressor protection.

http://www.amana-hac.com/Home/Produc...1/Default.aspx

Try 1277881 on AHRI

Thanks BaldLoonie. That number worked.

You got a better unit.

[QUOTE=BaldLoonie;2707832]Try 1277881 on AHRI

The Amana is definitely a great upgrade. Quieter, more compressor protection.

It say's it has a two speed condensor fan motor. Is this adjusted by the installer or is it an internal automatic circuit that determines the speed? And, how does this help in the operation of a HP?

The condenser fan motor isn't what matters for dehumidification; the indoor motor is what matters, and you have a variable speed motor. The Goodman is probably a single speed condenser fan motor.

[QUOTE=RyanHughes;2708382]The condenser fan motor isn't what matters for dehumidification;

I was not clear in my last post. I'm aware of the indoor AHU function. I should not have grouped the question with a bad thought. I'll go "fix" it now

I think it's controlled based on outdoor ambient temperature, but I could be wrong. Nice to have, but not all that important. Would help with noise, but not substantially.
    Last edited by RyanHughes; 03-06-2009 at 06:39 PM. Reason: typo