Thread: Lennox system

Post Likes

Lennox system

I just returned from my anunts home down in OK, last week and the last time I was there I found several code violation and basically saved my Anunt & uncles lives, this time around I was there and the filter needed to be replaces as I noticed the airhandler running more than normal and working harder than it needed to so I checked the filter and sure enough it was way past due, what a difference that made. Now after changing the filter I also noticed the airhandler is quite loud even in low fire and low fan speed operation, the airhandler sit up on a box in a closet and the box (return air) is about 3' sq and 3' high which is directly opposite the intake grille on the other side of the wall and all supply air is ducted in the ceiling but the unit is just way nosiy IMO. Would the use of turning vanes help there situation or would they need to have some work done in the return box which the bottom of the airhandler sits directly on the top of this box ? Suggestions ? The stat is one of those lennox type, and I believe there system is one of the top of the line airhandlers/HP's.

Post Likes
    Turning veins might actually exaserbate the problem
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Post Likes
    I never checked to see just what size system they have but am guessing it's probably a 4 ton system, would it be possibly the blower setting on the airhandler is set too high for the size duct work and tonnage they have ?

Post Likes
    could be blower speed to high, could be return grills to small, could be return box to crappy, could just be return grill so close to blower.

maybe turning vanes will help, maybe they won't. maybe insulating the return box would help, maybe it wouldn't...................

you have been around long enough to know internet diagnoses suck.......

Post Likes
    Quiet Vanes might help.

Post Likes
    run away

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in