Bible right, Money the root of all evil

it's not just the fact that people are willing to lie, cheat, steal, and kill for the greed of money.

but its also the fact our government washes their hands of any responsibility by saying they don't have any funding.

they have billions and trillions of dollars for what ever bullsht they dream up, but when it comes to solving a problem ..."oh man, we don't have the funding"

we're the richest nation in the world, but the way we complain about money, an alien from outer space would think we're poorer than Africa.

why do we have to give all this extorted money to the worthless government?
    "well you know those pot holes don't get filled for free"

"why don't you make that crime illegal?"
    "oh man, we don't have the funding to put those people in jail!"
    "and due to funding problems , we're going to have to let people out of jail"

"we don't have the funding for homeless shelters"

"why don't you close the border?"
    "oh man, we don't have the funding for that!"

"we need to legalize drugs...then, we'll finally have all the funding we need for everything"
    ...evil.

Thats not what the Bible says. Go check.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post

Thats not what the Bible says. Go check.
    Ya beat me to it.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Ya beat me to it.
    For three years I ran the Stewardship committee in my church. We talked about money. 103% of the members believed that money is the root of all evil (as the Bible states, they say) and their resistance to dealing with and understanding money was and still is unbelievable.

Yet I ask them if their lives would be better and more fun if they had just a little more money...they all said yes, of course. Then I asked them if they had more money they would be in a position to help those less fortunate..they said they would.

And the church, if the church had just a little more money could they purchase things that supported the church even more to make it more of a safe and greater place for other and themselfs to come to. Yep, they said.

Yet they want to believe money is the root of evil..............
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post

"we need to legalize drugs...then, we'll finally have all the funding we need for everything"
    ...evil.
    It is a growth industry.

Try "The LOVE of Money.......... NOT Money per say................There is a difference...
    "Democracy--Two wolves and a sheep voting on what the menu is for lunch.
    Liberty--Is a well armed sheep who will probably contest the vote." author unknown--but I like him already

Quote Originally Posted by howardair View Post
    Try "The LOVE of Money.......... NOT Money per say................There is a difference...
    "The LOVE of money is the root of ALL KINDS of evil."
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Many People do love their money and are not willing to give back any of it to support God's church.

Most People today look at their checking account and decide that "I can not afford to give to support Gods church and evangelisitc ministries".

What they do not realize when they are calculating the income/outflow of their bank accounts is; that God has the supernatural power to change quantitiy like Christ did with feeding the five thousand people from a little boy's lunch.

Since I turned my finances over to the Lord I always have plenty to meet my needs and the love of money does not control my life.

Never borrow friends money if you want to keep them as friends.
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.