+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bag Sealer

Post Likes

Bag Sealer

I want to send some treats overseas but need a bag closing equipment of sort to seal the bag to keep the treats fresh. I don't know if those bag closing/sealer machines you get a walmart would work or not. Suggestions?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bein2009 View Post
    I want to send some treats overseas but need a bag closing equipment of sort to seal the bag to keep the treats fresh. I don't know if those bag closing/sealer machines you get a walmart would work or not. Suggestions?
    Have a look at Cabelas. Some are pricey but the foodsavers are less expensive, bags expensive. I use a foodsaver for sliced venison salami and it works well. You can get the Foodsaver at Walmart. You might also try Loews and maybe Sam's Club, Costco as well.

Post Likes
    I've got a Kenmore that works well but if you want to save some money Ziploc has come out with a vacuum bag that has a valve on it where I place a little pump and draw the air out. They work really well and it's easier than bringing out the big guns.
    The pump can be a hand pump like mine or they also have a battery type. The hand thpe works fine and I wouldn't get the battery model.
    The bags are reuseable.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    I use the Foodsaver system - work great for me

Bags my be a little pricey but so is freezer burn

Post Likes
    Have a Foodsaver. My third one. Next time I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy a commercial vac sealer. Bags are less money, heavier, and you can vac seal soups and stews etc. Now I have to prefreeze fish and such, and then bag & seal the pieces to keep from pulling all the moisture out. Have worked on a couple of the bigger production models, helping out my customers, and am really impressed by them. They are all over Ebay.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Post Likes
    I've decided that I am just going to hand deliver it. Making a trip in March. The flight cost is $1700! Ouch.

Post Likes

They almost stopped from bringing faggots to the US

Where abouts are you and where are you going to? If the food is fresh and not processed you might not be able to send it or take it with you. Find out first, it could save embarassment and time wasting.

The first time I flew into the US, I came via Minneapollis st Pauls, I brought some faggots over with me to prove to my friends that we have a local dish from the west country called faggots. They let me through with it eventually because it was processed and almost thawed out after an eighteen hour journey.
    You don't get owt for nowt.

Cheers ah kid

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in