Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    i am guessing that even the the pro's before any of us distrusted the newest tools that are now 30yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    i am guessing that even the the pro's before any of us distrusted the newest tools that are now 30yrs old.
    inversely
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    simpson 260 baby!

Wow, I remember buying my simpson 260 ... I knew I hit the big time then ... I think I paid around three hundred bucks. We had an employee-buying program so the money would be taken out over a number of paychecks. The effing boss took it all out immediately ... big problem my take home was not that much, so he took the rest the next check ... man was I pissed ... but not as mad as when I found out he did not pay the supply house where I bought it. Then about a year later after I had left for another company he told them to go after me for the money, they did. I brought them my pay stubs to show that I had the money taken out to pay them they said we don’t care we are telling your new company that you can not buy from us until it’s paid …

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    Wow, I remember buying my simpson 260 ... I knew I hit the big time then ... I think I paid around three hundred bucks. We had an employee-buying program so the money would be taken out over a number of paychecks. The effing boss took it all out immediately ... big problem my take home was not that much, so he took the rest the next check ... man was I pissed ... but not as mad as when I found out he did not pay the supply house where I bought it. Then about a year later after I had left for another company he told them to go after me for the money, they did. I brought them my pay stubs to show that I had the money taken out to pay them they said we don’t care we are telling your new company that you can not buy from us until it’s paid …

that kinda sh1t happened to me my whole career.
    the young guys do not believe it.
    i worked for a place called bone plumbing in lenexa kansas for a guy,jim hamilton. and his bit@h mike green.
    he told me "Mike" he would pay me journryman scale 1990 $25.00 hr.
    i worked about 150 hours in the first 2 weeks.
    my first check was for about $300. a couple thousand dollars short.
    they then said they only paid trainees minimum wage.
    trainee, i was a licensed master plumber.

once i confronted the owner, jim, he said i cant help you. mike is the manager

f those guys
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Love the simpson 260.

"On the boat" when i was in the nav we used that thing along with the ampclamp attachment and manual megger for all our water heater and radiant panel pm's.

I would use one now, if i wouldnt look so cheesey doing it.

Loved my 260.
    Was late to the digital world. I like watching the needle swing.
    However, to be cool- you had to have the rolltop!!!!

nevermind
    Last edited by freezon; 10-17-2009 at 08:42 AM. Reason: didn't realize thread is 5 pages, topic already covered

I buy all of my own tools . That way i have what i want and need, and if thing dont work out with the employer, Ill be worth alot more for the next company If not for my self !

Our company pays for any tool you currently have and needs to be replaced (broken on the job)

I have had a Dewalt cordless hammer/drill that after 3 clutch rebuilds gave out on me a week ago. almost 8 years old. I just replaced it with a new model of the same but different. More power, speeds ect. And the company I work for replaced it no questions asked.

I thought that was pretty darn classy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345