Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    Yeah digimon and pokemon and bakugan.... .but digi cool? please enlighten this Noob!

*(I mean me as a noob!!!)*

The original series, titled Pocket Monsters, or simply Pokémon in western countries (often referred to as Pokémon: Gotta Catch 'Em All to distinguish it from the later series), begins with Ash's first day as a Pokémon trainer. His first (and signature) Pokémon is a Pikachu, differing from the games, where only Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle could be chosen.[14] The series follows the storyline of the original games, Pokémon Red and Blue, in the region of Kanto. Accompanying Ash on his journeys are Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader, and Misty, the youngest of the Gym Leader sisters from Cerulean City.

Pikachu rocks!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Supertek, you're in your twenties. right?
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

Quote Originally Posted by srmfsr View Post
    Supertek, you're in your twenties. right?
    mentality of a 20 year old
    body of a 50 year old

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    Boss called today. He asked me if i had been buying my own tools. I had gotten a P.O. from the office to buy my veto and fluke 116/62 combo pack and then cut them a check. He was given the invoice by the secretary. i told him yea i had bought the set. He seemed relay confused/pissed that i was buying my own tools. Questions like what was wrong with your old meeter, why did you get this one. Do u relay need it? I had bought it myself because i knew he would tell me "we will see how things look next month" or " all u need is a simple meeter" he is very old school and still uses a analog meter. He can not figure out my Bruit manifold.

I think he may have been worried i was getting my own stuff together so i could leave the company, which is FAR from the fact. They are going to reimburse me the money. just am confused why he would be pissed with me buying my own tools
    Let me give you some old school advice, there are times an analog instrument is hard to beat. I still use an analog meter for basic hvac and appliance trouble shooting. Digital devices are good if one needs accuracy. Most of the times when troubleshooting all you realy care to know is whether you have voltage or not, and I can tell by my needle movement whether I have it or not, and a needle can be seen easily. How many times have you had to reposition you digital meter so you can read, not to mention waiting for it to settle down.

The proof of analog advantage can be seen by just looking at a Digicool unit, it has a digital representation of a analog scale to see fast pressure changes.

So dont put us old farts down, most of the time we know a little more then those still wet behind the ears type..lol

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

did not mean to upset the old farts. Just gets frustrating at times...he does not like any new technology..i have to remind him that many things have circuit bards and not a half dozen relays and mechanical timers you can jumper out.

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Let me give you some old school advice, there are times an analog instrument is hard to beat. I still use an analog meter for basic hvac and appliance trouble shooting. Digital devices are good if one needs accuracy. Most of the times when troubleshooting all you realy care to know is whether you have voltage or not, and I can tell by my needle movement whether I have it or not, and a needle can be seen easily. How many times have you had to reposition you digital meter so you can read, not to mention waiting for it to settle down.

The proof of analog advantage can be seen by just looking at a Digicool unit, it has a digital representation of a analog scale to see fast pressure changes.

So dont put us old farts down, most of the time we know a little more then those still wet behind the ears type..lol

Roy
    simpson 260 baby!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

did not mean to upset the old farts. Just gets frustrating at times...he does not like any new technology..i have to remind him that many things have circuit bards and not a half dozen relays and mechanical timers you can jumper out.
    I think the relays and timers, could stay in service longer than most circuit boards do.

those are it..he has a whole collection of old tools in there original leather cases and wooden boxes. When he first handed me an amp probe i was like "does this relay work" and "how?" i cant seem to find it on line..it had a rotating scale you rotated to the voltage u are working on..i think. remember it being made our of a black Bakelike material.

those are it..he has a whole collection of old tools in there original leather cases and wooden boxes. When he first handed me an amp probe i was like "does this relay work" and "how?" i cant seem to find it on line..it had a rotating scale you rotated to the voltage u are working on..i think. remember it being made our of a black Bakelike material.
    bakelite

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    bakelite
    Yep, I've got one that has to be close to 30 yeard old. And it was used when I got it. Still works like a charm.

Wink

Yep. Got the amprobe, crank type megger, you name it I've probably got it somewhere. The analog meters will not fool you like the digital will. If you're not watching close, the digital will sometimes pick up a stray voltage since they are so sensitive and give you a wrong or weird reading. If you're paying attention you'll catch it but I've seen some folks who got "Fluked" before.
    'Course since I'm in my sixties I've seen a lot of'm
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

i have a fluke 179. it goes micro ohms to giga ohms maybe google ohms.
    it will switch scales on you and fool you. also will find continuity where there is none.

If they never break, why buy a new one, I say. I've got one meter that I bought in '80 or '81, that still had the original Ray-O-Vac batteries. No corrosion at all. I did retire it last year. I've held on to my tool bag since '76. (wonder if that's any kind of record?)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast