Thread: Vacuum Gauges

Post Likes

Vacuum Gauges

Going through a little headache with my vacuum guage. My question is who else prefers the analog style gauge, everyone is coming out with digital with the range from 25,000 microns down to 25 microns but i hate that wait from 25,000 to 9 or 10,000 before it does anything. Also does anyone have the JB analog DV-21N? i need a sensor. hehe
    do things right the first time is cheaper.

Post Likes
    I've used an Inficon "Pilot" micron gauge for a long time, it has always served me well, and doesn't have any breaks in the scale - just reads right down. Of course, this was after I completely lost confidence in my Robinair analog because I couldn't find anyone to repair it correctly (I loved that thing when it worked right). Only bad thing about the Inficon is that it's so sensitive it'll throw you off if you're drop testing something small. I'd really like to find another mercury manometer if anybody out there knows where one can be acquired. Carried a Merriam for years. Take care of it and it'll never lie to you. Wish I had traded jci something of equal value for it when I left. I really liked the analogs, but I think they're being pushed aside by the newer technology. Manufacturers will completely let them die out when all the old guys who like 'em have died out as well.

Post Likes
    I just bought a Yellow Jacket digital, I figured I had better get with the program...
    I love it, it has horizontal bars, they are nice, when switching to a lower micron reading they blink when ready to change. Then they are a steady black after reaching the level.
    Hope that makes sense.

Post Likes
    Do a search for vacuum guage on this site and you will find a couple of threads with fairly good discussion on the topic.

Post Likes
    IF YOU WANT A REALLY GOOD GAUGE GET A DEVICE CALLED A VAC-AN -AOL. YOU CANT GO WRONG. I THINK I SPELLED IT RIGHT.

Post Likes
    Low pressure guy, I couldn't find it on Google search.
    I found the site that describes my new one. I really like it.
    Yeller Jacket:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F8&me=&seller=

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ispip View Post
    Going through a little headache with my vacuum guage. My question is who else prefers the analog style gauge, everyone is coming out with digital with the range from 25,000 microns down to 25 microns but i hate that wait from 25,000 to 9 or 10,000 before it does anything. Also does anyone have the JB analog DV-21N? i need a sensor. hehe
    I love mine analog is very reliable if maintained and I check it against a digital one I have on occasion. The name of my analog always eludes me but it is in a black case with blue writing someone will know what I mean but for complete reliability a vac i nol is bang on can't change chemisrty

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by low pressure guy View Post
    IF YOU WANT A REALLY GOOD GAUGE GET A DEVICE CALLED A VAC-AN -AOL. YOU CANT GO WRONG. I THINK I SPELLED IT RIGHT.
    I think this is what you were after

http://www.vacuator.com

Post Likes
    Thank you all for the information, I e-mailed vacuator to get more information, that looks very interesting

Post Likes
    I DUG MINE OUT OF MY TRUCK . ITS A VAC-Q PART# VQ-71 . IBOUGHT IT FROM ROBERT R. HUMBERT,MFG . P.O. BOX U . MILFORD,P.A. 18337. TEL#1-570-296-8484. THATS ALL OF THE INFO I HAVE . YOU HAVE TO GET ONE . ITS SCIENCE AT WORK.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Thank you all for the replys, i got an answer back about the vacuator and the info on it looks good but they told me this is not for small package equipment, 100 tons or bigger, i will also look up the VAC-q and see what that is all about.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in