Under the brilliant Midwestern Moon or Sun (depending on time of day).

Question Did AmStd Allegiance 11 come with factory TXV

American Standard Allegiance 11 … Model # 2A7A1030A 1000AA (per sticker) … Mfd date July 2004

R-22 coolant ... Split System ... 1440 Sq. ft. Home ... older Gas Furnace Single-Stage/Fan ...

Greetings.

I'm new to this forum. Thank you, Thank you ... hold the applause , thank you!

In time, I have several questions that I suppose I should break down into a couple of seperate postings, including Comfort R queries.

Our American Standard Allegiance 11 AC was installled July 16, 2004 w/Evaporator Coil, & that being enclosed.

The company that installed this went out of buisness, & we've also misplaced our receipt on it.

With plans for doing a new furnace (TraneXV95???) , I'm presently trying to figure out in advance, details of my AC system that presently I'm void of. I want to do some homework myself prior to dealing with a sales person et cetera.

Did AmStd Allegiance 11 typically come with a factory installed TXV?

Would the Evap. Coil typically have been an American Standard matching coil to the AC unit? And what coil model # would that have been?

Is my AC unit a 1.5 ton unit ... which size is it?

If I decide to have a Trane XV95 furnace installed, will this be fine in general with this AC system? Or will updates need to be made to it.

This should do it for now, but I've learned that finding out these needed details as to my AC specs, for me has been difficult to find.

Thank you so much!

Your A/C is a 2.5 ton, essentially a 10 SEER with A-S TXA-C or TXC-C coil but could have reached 11 SEER had the dealer use a TXC-S coil which would have a TXV. They are big & expensive so probably didn't.

To BaldLoonie,

Goodness, God Bless You!
    Such a fast response, & with the details too. WOW!
    I figured you guys would be tied up with other postings for some time, before getting to mine.

You guys are wonderful.

Questions (to whom ever):

Does the coil #'s A-S TXA-C, TXC-C, or TXC-S denote the size of these coils (if size matters that is)?

Can a proper TXV be added to either a A-S TXA-C or a TXC-C coil ... which would function well with a TraneXV95ComfortR & an appropriate Tstat?

If so, would the exact same TXV model be appropriate for both coils, or would there be TXV variation needed depending on which coil was used?

Or would I otherwise have to change coils out by going to the TXC-S coil, or some newer coil model, to accommodate the demands or needs of a system like TraneXV95ComfortR & related Tstat?

I'm trying to see what's in store for me when upgrading to a new furnace here. Which I'd like to get done now with Tax Credits & Rebates being offered that are partly "dated".

Thanks Much

Trane/American Std. is approving some of their existing evaportors for use with R-410 refrigerant and other high SEER aplications on a case by case basis. TXV added or changed. The model number is on your coil. Usally on front door. or under door. This would speed up answers to alot of your questions..

superheatrman,

Very interesting what you said about R-410 refrigerants for older coils.

Is this to suggest that I would actually be needing to go to an R-410-use coil, in some way or another, when having a TraneXV95ComfortR system?
    Or was that simply to explain what they're doing nowadays to adapt to that coolant?

(For reference, my evaporator coil is under my furnace.)

There isn't a door per se on my coil, however there are the sheet metal pieces that are all taped up, with some of them shoddily screwed together beneath the tape. (I did open my furnace front, but no info was there about coil.)

I suppose I could go to the hardware & get some replacement tape so that I could try to then unscrew that, & then retape it afterwards.

My hands are all deformed from arthritis (my disability, even though I'm only 49). But I might be able to do that if necessary for these answers. It's just not very easy for me to do though. Nor would I be able to do this right away ... it would probably be several days away.

I apologize if I put you guys behind the 8 ball in helping me in a speedy way due to this. Oh well. Sorry.

I was also wondering (if you get back to this posting) about the comment made ... "TXV added or changed" ... I'm not sure if that was a question or a comment for me. If/or until i look at my coil, my guess would be that it doesn't have a TXV.

Appreciate it.

Evap. Coil TXA030C4HPCO.........Details anyone...Installed 2004....

Evap. Coil TXA030C4HPCO.....4103TBT50(or G)....cabt. size 28 1/4" X 21 1/4"........

---------------------------

This took 4 hours to obtain these #'s, as the sticker that shows them were not visible from the small opening that we unscrewed.

Had to improvise with small mirror taped to the end of a bent hanger, used flashlight, & video'd it by zooming, & then replayed it.

Hope someone can help with questions here.

If I decide to have a Trane XV95 furnace installed, will this be fine in general with this Coil system? Or will updates need to be made to it?

Exactly Which TXV would be needed for this coil (see A/C details in this posting thread)?

What details can you tell me about this coil?

Thank You